4Health

What is a tractor supply store and why does it sell dog food? Do dogs come with tractors there? Is it a new kind of fuel? And while we are on the subject - is a tractor sale actually a tractor sale.


Tractor Supply Company (often written as "Tractor Supply Co." or "TSC") is a large retail chain of stores that offers a number of products for home improvement, agriculture, lawn and garden maintenance, and livestock, equine and pet care. It is a leading U.S. retailer in its market.[1]

Founded as a mail order tractor parts business in 1938, the first Tractor Supply Co. retail store was founded in 1939 in Minot, North Dakota. TSC is headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, a suburb of Nashville.[1]

In 2004, when the company reported revenues of more than US$1.7 billion, Fortune magazine named Tractor Supply to its list of the 100 fastest growing businesses.[1] As of 2007[update], the chain had over 700 stores in 38 states.

It has boat loads of dog food from TOTW to Puppy Chow. It also has toys ..treats...leashes...crates.. beds... anything you need for your dog.
 
Last edited:
Oh, I get it now. Some of the grain and livestock supply stores in country areas here sell dog food as well but its mostly crap stuff for working dogs so wasnt sure if thats what you meant. Sometimes I lose track of threads because I cant work out whats going on that side of the world. We're just simple folk downunder.
 
What is a tractor supply store and why does it sell dog food? Do dogs come with tractors there? Is it a new kind of fuel? And while we are on the subject - is a tractor sale actually a tractor sale.

LOL I've been wondering this for a while! Everyone is always talking about going to the tractor supply store. I've never even heard of it. I don't think we have that store on the east coast (US).
 
LOL I've been wondering this for a while! Everyone is always talking about going to the tractor supply store. I've never even heard of it. I don't think we have that store on the east coast (US).


There are at least 10 in New York and at least 10 in PA.
Of course that doesn't mean there is one near you though. (our states are kinda big lol)
Luckily there is one 5 miles from my home.
 
LOL I've been wondering this for a while! Everyone is always talking about going to the tractor supply store. I've never even heard of it. I don't think we have that store on the east coast (US).

not in New York City :lol:
maybe in the more country/less developed areas of New York/New Jersey/PA.
I know there is one near where my Dad lives in PA.
 
LOL I've been wondering this for a while! Everyone is always talking about going to the tractor supply store. I've never even heard of it. I don't think we have that store on the east coast (US).

We have one in Flemington, Randi. Near where the Sheltie Rescue picnic was. We can go on a field trip there when you come to visit. Or....the other direction (20 minutes away) is the REAL Cherrybrook warehouse and store. Now....that is fun :biggrin2:
 
We have one in Flemington, Randi. Near where the Sheltie Rescue picnic was. We can go on a field trip there when you come to visit. Or....the other direction (20 minutes away) is the REAL Cherrybrook warehouse and store. Now....that is fun :biggrin2:

Wow! I'm SO jealous!!!!! :eek2:
 
Back
Top