A Sheltie for Miley Cyrus?

We knew he'd go oversize from the time he was 3 weeks old! Yes, he's QUITE big, but in this picture he's 15 weeks old, as well.
 
Thanks for posting the pictures, Ronna.

What an absolutely beautiful little sable. He looks so happy in Miley's arms. I wish them both all the best. There is nothing like the love of dog.
 
Looks like the right size for a pet to me :) I have an oversized boy. Hes the best I could've asked for in a dog. Now I shall have to follow her on IG so I can see more of emu!
 
I hope all those who put down the idea of Miley owning a sheltie are a little embarrassed and ashamed. Seeing that pic of Emu and Miley together you realize how much that dog will be loved. Thank you to the breeder for setting everyone straight.
 
I hope all those who put down the idea of Miley owning a sheltie are a little embarrassed and ashamed. Seeing that pic of Emu and Miley together you realize how much that dog will be loved. Thank you to the breeder for setting everyone straight.

I am not ashamed about being concerned about the well being of an animal.
 
Aside from her public persona and how we may feel about that, the important thing is that the dogs are loved and well cared for, and that really seems to be the case here.

Right on...that is the bottom line in the placement of any little dog. Very cute pup! :) Love the pics. :smile2:

Trini
 
I hope all those who put down the idea of Miley owning a sheltie are a little embarrassed and ashamed. Seeing that pic of Emu and Miley together you realize how much that dog will be loved. Thank you to the breeder for setting everyone straight.

I think at least some people weren't so much worried about Miley being a bad dog owner or not knowing what she was getting or running to a backyard breeder rather than the clearly responsible breeder she did as much as the people who are going to see "some sort of a hybrid collie" that "some tags puppy like forever" who aren't going to know what a responsible breeder is or does and who just see this super cute face and spur of the moment run to the pet store... demand will drive supply.

I know I personally had not heard or ever even read anything about the other dogs referenced. And it certainly never crossed my mind that she would not have the resources to take very good care of that little guy.

The one thing that does assuage the thought of a run on pet store sheltie pups-- someone mentioned they really aren't the accessory sized dog that the chihuahua is/was.
 
Aynesa - you are a brave woman as a breeder myself and on the breeder grapevine... I do know there are some that are quite ticked off with you right now. I just hope Miley does comment that she got this puppy from a reputable breeder... hopefully that'll encourage copycats to do the same thing.
 
Thanks so much for sharing this, though, in my view, you should not have felt the need to do so. This is wrong that you've been attacked.

I get frustrated often by how judgemental we can be without knowing the whole story...yeah, she's certainly not my favourite music artist, but that doesn't make her a bad pet parent.

I had a customer in my store who was diligent in her research into various breeds, and dog foods, and training. I thought she was extreme, but definitely not rushing her decisions. ..yet she still gave up 3 dogs -a poodle, a Sheltie and a Pap - before finally decided to stick to hamsters. No joke!

My only concern, as I already mentioned is overly popularizing Shelties and spawning more puppy mill, BYB, wanting to capitalize on her choice of breed.

But then again, I need to de-personalize it. I should worry about any bred that a celebrity adopts to turn into the next "must have". So it's not just about our Shelties. I'm protective of any breed that could be exploited because if publicity.
 
Good looking pup Aynesa and size doesn't matter. I have one that is over and one that is in size but small for a male, both are wonderful.

As to the rest I am glad the pup will be well tended to. As to her I do the same as most celebrities, turn the channel. The only 'celebrities' I talk to are folks that are friends of friends or we are talking motorcycles :lol: (I would say as equals but they are WAY faster than me) The only thing I can say on her is, it seemed a shame the road she choose as it doesn't end well for most who choose that way and she seems to have talent enough to not make it necessary. Otherwise I don't watch any of that stuff as well I don't find it entertaining :pop Though you can tell your young one that I met a zombie at the race track that was also in the Vampire Diaries (think that name is right) though darn it he was faster also. Zombies are supposed to waddle but with 150 HP are actually quick LOL

Hope you stick around and gossip on your herd rather than just scoot in and out. As Calliesmom says 'we love pictures'
 
Last edited:
Back
Top