Abuse

The advice is great from the others here. I cannot believe that if you reported it to the trial secretary or some other trial official they would not do anything about it. I'll admit, that though I have only been at two trial, worked one of these, I do recall the judge stating that abuse will not be tolerated and should be reported. I hope you will be able to do something for those poor dogs.
 
It is considered animal cruelty to leave your dog in the car in extreme weather with the windows closed and no water for long periods of time.

Maybe you can anonymously call the cops?
 
Last night I was talking with fellow students and they were talking about and AKC judge(I won't say the name) was excused from a USDAA trial because someone saw him beating his dog in a field.He was excused from the trial.The other person I am talking about leaving dogs in the car is also an AKC judge and I think I am going to say something the next trial she is at.
 
Last night I was talking with fellow students and they were talking about and AKC judge(I won't say the name) was excused from a USDAA trial because someone saw him beating his dog in a field.He was excused from the trial.The other person I am talking about leaving dogs in the car is also an AKC judge and I think I am going to say something the next trial she is at.

Wow. That's crazy- these are supposed to be people we look up to in their training methods! I think you should say something, it's not acceptable.
 
Sharon I sure would say some thing and you would think a judge of all people would be smart and not leave her dogs in a hot vehicle. Last year we went to a dog show in Orlando in June and believe me June in Florida is hot. We all of a sudden heard and announcement " would the owner of a van with this plate number get back to your dogs it is to hot to leave them in a vehicle" sad to hear the is more common.
 
I don't care who you are, what you do, where you are from, or who you know, if I EVER saw anyone mistreating an animal, I would raise hell at them, or at the very least tell someone who could handle it better than me :mad:.

I know if any of you saw abuse going on, you would totally confront that person!!!
 
I don't care who you are, what you do, where you are from, or who you know, if I EVER saw anyone mistreating an animal, I would raise hell at them, or at the very least tell someone who could handle it better than me :mad:.

I know if any of you saw abuse going on, you would totally confront that person!!!

My friend along with several other people took an AKC judge/OTCH handler to a show committee hearing over abuse at a sanctioned obedience match held the night after a show. This person showed up with a remote e collar to practice with(Hello judge you know better). They are not allowed at shows so they didn't let this person use it. So instead, when the dog tried to run out of the ring instead of retrieve its dumbbell, this person caught the dog lifted into the air and slammed in onto the ground in the ring.(now we know why it was running away) The dog was so scared it peed. It was a big dog. I didn't see the event fristhand myself(I was doing out of sit stays in the next ring)but saw the aftermath. Outrage was the word for it. I don't know the whole outcome whether there were sanctions from the AKC but I didn't see this person around for greater than 9 months and have not seen them judge since.( almost 3 yrs)

The scary part if you do this in public, what do you do behind closed dooors?:mad:
 
My friend along with several other people took an AKC judge/OTCH handler to a show committee hearing over abuse at a sanctioned obedience match held the night after a show. This person showed up with a remote e collar to practice with(Hello judge you know better). They are not allowed at shows so they didn't let this person use it. So instead, when the dog tried to run out of the ring instead of retrieve its dumbbell, this person caught the dog lifted into the air and slammed in onto the ground in the ring.(now we know why it was running away) The dog was so scared it peed. It was a big dog. I didn't see the event fristhand myself(I was doing out of sit stays in the next ring)but saw the aftermath. Outrage was the word for it. I don't know the whole outcome whether there were sanctions from the AKC but I didn't see this person around for greater than 9 months and have not seen them judge since.( almost 3 yrs)

The scary part if you do this in public, what do you do behind closed dooors?:mad:


See if I saw something like that, I think you would have to hold me down on the ground to keep me from confronting that ***hole. Or at least making sure the proper authorities were told.
 
My friend along with several other people took an AKC judge/OTCH handler to a show committee hearing over abuse at a sanctioned obedience match held the night after a show. This person showed up with a remote e collar to practice with(Hello judge you know better). They are not allowed at shows so they didn't let this person use it. So instead, when the dog tried to run out of the ring instead of retrieve its dumbbell, this person caught the dog lifted into the air and slammed in onto the ground in the ring.(now we know why it was running away) The dog was so scared it peed. It was a big dog. I didn't see the event fristhand myself(I was doing out of sit stays in the next ring)but saw the aftermath. Outrage was the word for it. I don't know the whole outcome whether there were sanctions from the AKC but I didn't see this person around for greater than 9 months and have not seen them judge since.( almost 3 yrs)

The scary part if you do this in public, what do you do behind closed dooors?:mad:

wow- what goes through the minds of these people:confused2: :no:
 
Back
Top