Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Aggression?

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by Scout’s Mom, May 31, 2021.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    At this age, we have a bunch of special treats to give. We use training treats, we have potty treats, we have kennel/bedtime treats and we use something really treasured for recall treats. Our doxies just liked food an were horrible to attempt to train; stubborn, stubborn breed but a ton of personality. When we first got Brodie, I just used his kibble for treats. I quickly learned that he was far more responsive to something yummier. But different things require different treats so we had all sorts of stuff in our food arsenal. When Brodie got older, we cut out a bunch of the different treats and now use 5 - Mother Hubbard mini biscuit split in half for bed/kennel, homemade chicken liver treats for basic training, about 1/6 of a Bow Wow labs Waggy Wafer for potty and tricks and then for entertainment/chewing we do bully sticks and kongs. If your pupper is food oriented, put it to use.... :)

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  2. Scout’s Mom

Scout’s Mom Forums Enthusiast

May 20, 2021
    Gulf Shores, AL
    He really is a good boy. He is very food oriented. For treats I use freeze dried liver, chicken and beef, baby carrots, Cheerios, and green beans. The only thing he isn’t wild about is peanut butter. I really think he is trying to show his independence.

7C8B8A5C-A730-4A75-9837-BDF70CF2262D.jpeg

3. Scout’s Mom

May 20, 2021
    Gulf Shores, AL
    I am totally impressed by his staying behind a line! And yes, I think I am being played.

4. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    He is beautiful!!! I love the outlining on his face! He has a gorgeous coat!

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Great advice already given - just wanted to say he really is super, super cute. Will be a very strikingly handsome guy with his full coat.

ghggp, Piper's mom, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  6. Scout’s Mom

May 20, 2021
    Gulf Shores, AL
    His father has sired 18 champions. The breeder was going to keep him to continue the line, but she felt he would be too big for the standard, which I definitely agree with. He does have a beautiful coat, which I am sure will be a challenge for me. Luckily, he likes to be brushed!

ghggp, Sharon7, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  7. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Pretty sheltie!!

Scout’s Mom likes this.
  8. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    He is just beautiful--his face is a heart! Dear lord I'd have trouble saying no to that face LOL

ghggp, Sharon7, Scout’s Mom and 2 others like this.
  9. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    OM Gosh, I love his little mask, it will be really interesting to see how that goes as he gets older! Tully had one too but not as pronounced. He's also a shaded/mahogany sable, which is my favourite colour, it gets so rich as the adult coat comes in.

ghggp, Ann, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  10. Scout’s Mom

May 20, 2021
    Gulf Shores, AL
    His face melts my heart! He looks up at me and all I can see is love. He is so affectionate one minute and the next he is driving me crazy! I wish I could imagine what his coat will look like when he comes into it fully.

KarenCurtis, Caro, ghggp and 3 others like this.