MadisMomma
Forums Regular
Well, after all your wonderful suggestions, I still couldn't get her to allow me to clip her nails. Her nails HAD to be done, so I had no choice but to have my husband help me.
We burrito wrapped her in a towel and left one leg out at a time. He held her mouth closed up against him. I would talk to her while I clipped. She struggled and fought through the first two. Then finally gave up for the last two, she wasn't happy and was making the most bizarre noises. She actually had us laughing at her LOL
As soon as he set her down, I started praising her really heavy and got her all excited and forgetting about what we just did. She got 1/2 a hot dog and then we played tug-o-war. It's one of her favorite games and I thought that would help her get out some of her pent up aggressions from the nail clipping.
I hated to make it a negative experience, but had no other choice
She was slathering me with kisses within an hour, so I guess she still loves me 
I'm going to go ahead and order the Peticure so that I can cut them shorter and won't have to do it as often.
We burrito wrapped her in a towel and left one leg out at a time. He held her mouth closed up against him. I would talk to her while I clipped. She struggled and fought through the first two. Then finally gave up for the last two, she wasn't happy and was making the most bizarre noises. She actually had us laughing at her LOL
As soon as he set her down, I started praising her really heavy and got her all excited and forgetting about what we just did. She got 1/2 a hot dog and then we played tug-o-war. It's one of her favorite games and I thought that would help her get out some of her pent up aggressions from the nail clipping.
I hated to make it a negative experience, but had no other choice
I'm going to go ahead and order the Peticure so that I can cut them shorter and won't have to do it as often.



Anyways, I got out the comb and started with that cause she LOVES being combed. Then I started playing with her feet and she wasn't resisting so I got the scissors and started trimming. She didn't like it, but sat pretty still.
I was touching each nail with the trimmer and she didn't seem to care!