Agility Ability (the one with the pub next door!)

As Corbinam says, front crosses are possible but you need distance with a fast dog. One of the courses I ran involved two front crosses, there was no other way of doing it. Even with Merlin I had to run to put them in. Fortunately I can send him out to give myself a chance to get to the right spot. At the moment I don't have that with Sparrow as she does not work at much of a distance, so that is something to work on.

Front crosses are actually one of my worst moves. So I have been practicing and practicing and I am finally getting them. Also Merlin now gets what I am doing and knows to keep taking the jump I am in front of.
 
My front crosses definitely need work. I've done them successfully, but as you both said, I was fairly far ahead of her when those worked out. It would have been optimal if I hadn't missed my rear cross in first place :gaah
Bad handler. No cookie.
 
I am always missing things I should have done:lol:

I've just been on a pre-competition workshop and been practicing my front crosses with Sparrow. Will be posting the video shortly. Gosh the trainer had us working fast, throwing in FCs where I normally wouldn't dare! Managed not to stand on the spaniel though:biggrin2:
 
Back
Top