Agility show- York, PA

Yeah, the Keeshond was funny. His handler did a lot of yelling. She also ran a Sheltie later in the video and did a lot of yelling then too. I didn't tape a Yorkie who got half way through the course when he finally noticed the one judge and refused to finish the course. He was scared to death of that judge. Even when the judge tried to get the handler to bring him close, that Yorkie wouldn't have any part of it. A woman who was competing sat next to us in the bleachers and explained some of the things that were going on and the mistakes some of the handlers were making. We enjoyed this event much more than the AKC show dog show we attended earlier this year.
 
OHHH FUN
I LOVED the Papillion and also the little running rug, what a cutie!

The Shelties were great. most were fast :)
Beatiful run of that Border Collie.. and throughout that handler didn't speak!! Impressive!
I love those big sables!! go figure :biggrin2:

I think these were runs in different classes, right?
They can't all be novice runs??
 
Beautiful vid, thank you for posting. I am slowly starting to understand the game.
Same as labgirl, I have to give my commands on top of each other, otherwise I am loosing Che, he is fast.
 
Nice set of videos.

It was interesting to note that on all the video where the handler ran up the far side of the weaves and tried to push the dog to the A-Frame the dog usually went off course. Those handlers who ran the near side of the weaves and pulled the dog to the A-Frame were successful.

This is exactly what I've been working on at trials with Edan... run in the direction you want your dog to run. Those extra steps the handler had to take to clear the Weaves ended up cuing the dog to the jump instead of cuing the turn to the Frame.
 
Back
Top