AKC World Team Tryouts

I had a lot of fun at the tryouts. It was a little cold in the building but I'm sure the dogs didn't mind.:smile2: The seating was great I got the sit right near the start line in rounds 1,3 and the finish in round 2. Shelties(atleast 1 of every color) and border collies as far as the eye could see. Very few other breeds. However the lone Aussie was a bi blue. This right after I said I never see one. :lol:

It was so great to see such tanlented dogs and handlers run. Very inspiring. Trying to imagine how to run those courses made this novice's head hurt. They only named 1 member in each height so far. Marcy and Wave, Kathy and Sizzle(as sharon said) and Channon Fosty and BC Icon.But John and Rush are sitting in 2nd overall in the medium dogs. Rush and John's run in the third round was jaw dropping. It was hard to believe, Rush is not his dog.

I can not wait for tomorrow. I sure all they'll pull out all the stops for the last spots.
 
AKC Agility Nationals

Thanks for the update.I broke down and bought the livestream.All the dogs were awesome.I love watching Karen and Sizzle.There are two or three people therethat I trial with. Megan and Nike who is related to Rush and George Baker with his two BC's.Told you Rush was wicked fast.He is just amazing.
 
Another very exciting day. Added to the world team in Small dogs added -Dee Anna Gamel and Sheltie Kelsi, Medium dogs- Diane Goodspeed and Sheltie Demon and Large dogs- Minnesotan(Yeah) Terry Smorch and BC Presto.

John and Rush ran fast but were not clean. From what I understand the last 6(2 each height) spots will be picked by the coach. So fingers crossed.
 
AKC World Tryouts

I saw rush run the last run and he knocked the second bar. I am hoping he gets picked. I think Rush's time was 31.66 or something like that. He had the fastest time.Is that dog amazing.
 
Oooh, I'm so excited to see the runs. Rush is one of my favorites too.

I decided to pass on the live stream and wait for the video on demand since I was trialing this weekend. There was someone at one of the scoring tables with it streaming so I caught glimpses here and there.

There was always a small crowd watching and from time to time you would hear cheers erupt. My husband later asked me, "Why were there people at an agility trial standing around cheering for people at another trial?" Some people just don't understand. :razz:
 
AKC World Tryouts

I heard they may name the other person this week and a bunch of us have our fingers crossed for Rush and John.Last year Paulette (Rush's ) owner ran a 20 obstacle JWW run in under 22 seconds.My Shadow has beaten Rush quite a few times but basically Rush rules the 16 inch class here.
 
World Team Tryouts

Tommorrow AKC will announce the rest of the world team. Keep your fingers crosses John Nys with Rush makes the team.:biggrin2:
 
My fingers are crossed for Rush and John. If I would have been thinking, I would have put in a good word for them when Nancy Gyes was here last week for seminars. :wink2:
 
Rush & John made the team!!!

I just read the announcement on AgilityVision's FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/AgilityVision/92678204428

The American Kennel Club proudly announces that the following 6 candidates have been chosen to fill the 6 remaining team spots.

Anne Stocum & Breeze-Small
...
Heidi Vania & Ice- Small

Maureen Waldron & Mickle- Medium

John Nys & Rush- Medium

Ann Braue & Scream- Large

Daisy Peel & Solar-Large
 
AKC World Team

Yipee Skipee for John and Rush!!!!!!What an awesome agility dog and John is an awesome handler.
 
Back
Top