Angus' agility journey begins!!

seashel

Forums Enthusiast
My new boy Angus started his 'official' agility journey on Saturday and Jessica filmed some of it for me, before she took over and had a go with him herself! Perhaps one day they will compete together?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUTdMNdnCQ

I am very pleased with the little chap, he seems to be getting the idea and learning to enjoy it. I still can't train him with a toy. It's weird because he will play really well, but as soon as I try and use the toy (and I have masses of different ones) as a lure/reward he loses interest and goes off sniffing. :confused2: So I'm stuck with food and the home made treat ball which seems to work OK. The (very major) plus is he doesn't bark in training so I can do a lot more than I could with Epic and train in the garden without the neighbours complaining!

At the moment at home I am doing wing wraps and tunnel which he is getting the hang of quite nicely..so it's a good start. He was also enjoying early teeter training with the 'bang game' and running to the end but I need to repair the teeter so that has ground to a halt at the moment. :rolleyes2:
 
That tail is wagging big time...so Angus is obviously loving it...and the shots of Jessica working with Angus on the tunnel are precious. Great start on his agility journey!! :smile2:

Trini
 
Jessica working with Angus are really so sweet, sure these two will be a really good couple. :yes:
 
Glad to hear things are working out well with Angus. He certainly does look like he's enjoying himself! Wonderful that he's not a barker... my neighbours and I know too well what it's like to have a backyard-training-barker! Jessica and Angus look too cute together!
 
I love it! He's obviously so keen to run and work with both you and Jessica. And I definitely see the makings of a new team :wink2:

Keep sharing his progress, I'd love to follow along!
 
He is looking really good for his first session! And way to go Jessica! They are going to make a great team (if you can bear to let her run him:wink2:) He seems to work well for the treat ball, so I really wouldn't worry about the lack of toy interest. Sparrow didn't develop an interest in balls until she had been training for over six months. She still prefers a treat ball though, and so doesn't tug in training, though she will at home. As long as there is some form of reward he likes, I don't think it is a problem. Looking forward to more Angus videos!
 
He looks like he's having a blast! I see another excellent handler in the making there too :) You guys are looking good.:smile2:
 
Glad you all liked the video and I will let Jessica know too. :smile2: Had another lesson today, just running through 3 sets of wings and into the tunnel. Lots of fun :biggrin2: Also put him on the A frame contact for the first time and happy that all the 2o2o training on cardboard boxes transferred over. Angus' session comes after I have worked Epic and Jacob (the BC) and it is hard remembering sometimes that he is a baby dog and not forgetting myself and doing the things I would expect of the others :o This is the first time I've ever really been consecutively training more than one dog and adjusting to everyone's different needs certainly keeps me on my toes but I'm shattered after the lesson. Just as well I have a young handler in training too!! :lol:
 
Back
Top