Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Another med not for Shelties

Discussion in 'Drugs & Medications' started by elaine2004, Mar 14, 2008.

1. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    I use a toddlers toothbrush for Bailey. Its the perfect size.

2. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Thanks for the info Elaine, I am funny about the meds, but so are my vets thank goodness. Its great to know the name for just in case.

Frontline was mentioned. My vet never suggested the stuff. My sister used it on her dog, and his reaction was not good. Not that everything you read might be true, but when you hear of bad reactions, see bad reactions, it just makes me cautious until I talk to the vet.

THANKS!

3. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I use frontline. Justice had a reaction to Advantix. It was only a local skin reaction thankfully.:smile2:

4. LaddieKatieMom

LaddieKatieMom Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Laddie's Brushing Teeth

Dear Dr. Shelli and all..
    Thanks for your info on sheltie teeth and no enamel problems. That oxyfresh sounds interesting and I would be willing to try it. I really enjoy reading everyone's comments on a variety of sheltie subjects and I'm glad I don't have the only two "loonies" going!! At least they haven't gotten into knee-hi's or anything particularly weird, although Katie likes to eat grass!!:lol:

5. dream2012

dream2012 Forums Regular

Jun 27, 2015
    Coastal area
    Jackson squeals with excitement when i say, "time to clean your teeth!" I think he loves the Arm and Hammer Vanilla Ginger toothpaste. I started brushing his teeth as a puppy and he is used to my opening his mouth, checking his teeth, etc. He is so compliant while i brush and runs to his favorite chair, gets comfortable and waits for me!! It is so cute.

I joined this group a few years ago and wanted to donate and post a picture and had no luck. Can someone guide me?? Thanks.

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    We brush our dog's teeth also, and I'm glad your boy likes the experience, but you should use a DOG toothpaste - since they don't rinse and spit, it needs to be something that's OK for them to swallow, which human toothpaste is not.

As far as photos, you can join as a premium member to upload photos, or post a link to a photo sharing site, like flickr or photobucket. And we love pictures! :)

7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    To post a picture you must be a premium member (if you click on your icon upper right side of page, then click on account upgrades and you can upgrade your account), you'd then be able to upload directly from your computer. You can also copy and paste the link from any photo sharing site.
    Hope this helps.