Another Sheltie or a rough Collie?

I'm considering a rough or a border once we are ready to try rescuing again. I'm thinking a bigger slightly more mellow temperament might have a better chance at no misunderstandings. I am worried about the poop though! Our yards big enough that I only have to clean up after honey during the coldest parts of the winter. A larger dog would probably not let me get away with that.
 
I was planning on getting a Collie Rough bitch from a breeder friend early last year. She was the daughter of Tully's great love Sydney, and another Collie she did agility with. The Collie was playful but gentle with my two and the three got along well. But the bark - OMG, I thought shelties were bad, that high pitch, much louder bark of the Collie was the clincher. It even stopped my two in their tracks. I think I'd need to be on larger block to get away with that bark.
 
I'm considering a rough or a border once we are ready to try rescuing again. I'm thinking a bigger slightly more mellow temperament might have a better chance at no misunderstandings. I am worried about the poop though! Our yards big enough that I only have to clean up after honey during the coldest parts of the winter. A larger dog would probably not let me get away with that.

I have had border collies my entire life and just adopted my first sheltie 5 months ago and we have met quite a few in agility class. Similar breeds in many ways but there is no way the average border collie is more "mellow" than the average sheltie.
 
Back
Top