any one feed blue buffalo?

Haha, if you get anything less then organic, super high quality human grade dog food, don't tell the forum, they will tell you all kinds of horror stories :biggrin2:. Be confident in what you feed and feel good that you are taking good care of him/her..:yes:

I think you hit the nail on the head, everyone on these forums wants to take good care of their pets.

From what I can tell Blue Buffalo is a decent dog food, which you can feed your dog and not have to worry that your pet might become ill from the ingrediants like many pets did in the big recall in 2007.

If you check the dog food analysis website it's rating isn't all that high, but it's certianly heads & tails above Purina One.

Someone also mentioned Chicken Soup..This dog food is highly rated (5 star rating on the dog food analysis website) and is decently priced. The two negatives against this product are Availability (It's not carried in petsmart, or petco, so you need to go to specialty stores to get it), and the fact that it's produced by Diamond Pet Foods, and while chicken soup itself was never involved in the 2007 recall; Diamond Pet Foods had 19 product recalls due to the tainted wheat gluten from china in 2007.
 
blue buff looks like a really good food. but i will not feed it. there is a food with a similar ingredient list that is HALF the price of blue buff.
its called 4health. it is at tractor supply company.
actually 4health is a better food than a couple of blue buffs formulas.
 
Chase gets Blue Buffalo Puppy Lamb & Oatmeal because it's similar to what he was getting at his foster home. When he gets older though, I think we'll switch him over to TOTW.
 
Blue Buffalo

I just made the switch from TOTW to Blue and my guys love it.I was feeding Solid Gold but they changed some of the ingrdients and my dogs stopped eating it and they were getting bored with TOTW.I am feeding the Chicken to them from Blue Buffalo.
 
I used to when we had just Pierre. He would pick out the LifeSource bits, though, and toss them aside. He never ate them! That's actually why we switched. We didn't want him to miss out on the nutrients or waste the food.

He switched from that to Taste of the Wild very easily, though.

Nickle did this too, I ended up putting him on Acana afterwords since it's from Canada and all its ingredients come from Canada and their requirements are almost as strict as the US.
 
I think you hit the nail on the head, everyone on these forums wants to take good care of their pets.

From what I can tell Blue Buffalo is a decent dog food, which you can feed your dog and not have to worry that your pet might become ill from the ingrediants like many pets did in the big recall in 2007.

If you check the dog food analysis website it's rating isn't all that high, but it's certianly heads & tails above Purina One.

The famous dog food analysis website:

The reason why BB is lower on that website is because that site rates on HIGH PROTEIN AND GRAIN-FREE. If the food you give your pup is not grain free it will not get 6 stars on that site. I personally believe in lower protein and "good grains" along with fruits and veggies. The higher the protein in a dog food the higher they will rate it. Basically what I am trying to say is the website is a good tool in getting some info but certainly isnt the end all..be all of dog food reports.

I feed Fromm. Fromm and BB are on the top ten list of most (if not all) other reviews sites. BB is a great food.

If you are into grain-free high protein then dogfoodanalysis is the site for you.
But if you are like me and like lower protein the dogfoodanalysis site is useless. :biggrin2:



PS: if i couldnt feed Fromm (or the other big names) due to money issues I would be very comfortable feeding 4Health.
 
Last edited:
The famous dog food analysis website:

The reason why BB is lower on that website is because that site rates on HIGH PROTEIN AND GRAIN-FREE. If the food you give your pup is not grain free it will not get 6 stars on that site. I personally believe in lower protein and "good grains" along with fruits and veggies. The higher the protein in a dog food the higher they will rate it. Basically what I am trying to say is the website is a good tool in getting some info but certainly isnt the end all..be all of dog food reports.

I feed Fromm. Fromm and BB are on the top ten list of most (if not all) other reviews sites. BB is a great food.

If you are into grain-free high protein then dogfoodanalysis is the site for you.
But if you are like me and like lower protein the dogfoodanalysis site is useless. :biggrin2:



PS: if i couldnt feed Fromm (or the other big names) due to money issues I would be very comfortable feeding 4Health.
\
It is a good site for starters I personally use the Whole Dog Journal to help make my decisions.
 
Pet Food Politics

If you haven't read it, and are at all interested in commercial foods, it's a good read. Scary, but good.

Anyway, Blue Buffalo was not initially involved in the recall, until they found out this: It turns out the unconfirmed Chinese manufacturers who produced and shipped the melamine laced "wheat gluten" also produced and shipped bags labeled "rice protein." These bags were in fact the tainted wheat gluten. Whoops! Blue Buffalo was not included in the original recall of the wheat gluten, but were subsequently recalled for the "rice protein" that wasn't really. Royal Canin, Diamond, Natural Balance, and other smaller brands got stuck in the same boat.

So who don't I see on the list?
Innova
Orijens
Verus

There are probably more, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
 
Back
Top