Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Arthritis

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by RikyR, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    good thing you checked- now you can continue to give the puppers the good stuff:yes:

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Glad I could give a tip on the supplements. I do still use the Vibrant Pets joint and muscle formula for the glucosamine etc, but it was definitely the green-lipped mussels that made the difference for Brooke. I have a couple friends who swear by it also. As for the human variety, it helps me a LOT, other friends said it didn't really seem to work for them. Everybody is different! Good luck and hope it helps.

Piper's mom, Darren, Ann and 3 others like this.
  3. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    I noticed that too! A huge paragraph of ingredients is 632mg, while the green mussels are only 32mg. Ordering Super Snouts too!

Darren, Sharon7, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    The thing is they still need the glucosamine and MSM too, so I'm going back to Cosequin Max along with the Super Snouts. You'll probably want something like that also for Zulu. Checkers has some trouble with her hind end now and I want to make sure she gets the joint supplements as well as the GLM.

5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    UGH!!!! That's not good at all!!! Will check out Super Snouts as well. Phyto-Flex is in NF Complete which is what I use and I never thought to look at the label to see if changes were made.

6. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    My Harley had it bad in his leg joints for a long time. On top of taking glucosamine supplements there were a lot of simple things that helped him so much. It was mainly when his leg was cold it affected him more and when it was warm it seemed much better. He had a heat pad in his bed that he used to lay on when it was cold and it would help ease his legs. Massage on his joints used to warm them and free them up so he could walk around for a little while.
    Sorry to hear about Zulu, I'm sure he'll do great, he has the perfect family to look after him :)

7. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Holy moly is that price right? $50 for 1-month supply? I want to try it for hubby (and try the other stuff for Koji). Getting old is expensive :/

8. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Zulu has went through 5 injections, and I must say that he has responded greatly to the treatments. The limping has disappeared, and he is back to laying down in favorite spots. He will now get a monthly injection for the next 5 months, and I am supplementing with Super Snouts between the treatments. After that, I plan to keep him on the Super Snouts, and see how it goes.

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Super glad to hear he's getting some relief!!

RikyR and Ron Atkinson like this.
  10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm also glad to hear that Zulu is improving! It's wonderful that the injections are working for him. And I must send a shout out to Sharon...I started Checkers on Super Snouts based on her recommendation and I can't believe the difference in Checkers!! She is back to jumping on the couch, trotting across the yard and chasing the birds. I am gobsmacked. She was looking very ouchy and she seems way more comfortable now. The only change I've made is adding Super Snouts. Amazing stuff! Thanks, Sharon!!! :D