Awkward adolescent phase

Che was never awkward, he is still quite naked though. He has long hair but his undercoat has gone in Aug and so we are still in waiting. I have resigned myself that Che will never have huge coat, in a way it is easier to care.
 
Toffee wrote the book on awkward :) Coyote Ugly here he comes :o
I loved every second of it, lol but then I am weird :biggrin2:
However, I really thought he'd NEVER get any long coat at all... Until I joined this Forum I was seriously worried hahahaha
 

Attachments

  • cell 034.jpg
    cell 034.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 64
  • January09 007.jpg
    January09 007.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 62
HI Rolland and welcome...did I miss your intro post? Zak never has gone through an ugly stage as close to it would be now that he has blown coat, he looks so skinny.
 
Yup Susan, you missed it, it's over in the newbie section.

Coyote Ugly....how funny, when Cozmo was a pup he would walk around the yard and have the look of of a coyote on the prowl. This was a rare occasion since most of the time he would be sprinting to where he wanted to be.

Rolland
 
Toffee wrote the book on awkward :) Coyote Ugly here he comes :o
I loved every second of it, lol but then I am weird :biggrin2:
However, I really thought he'd NEVER get any long coat at all... Until I joined this Forum I was seriously worried hahahaha

How old is he in that first pic? He looks positively smooth! (like a smooth collie or something)... Is this what I expect from Miko? Do they shed their fluffy puppy coats and then take AGES to grow their adult coats?
 
How old is he in that first pic? He looks positively smooth! (like a smooth collie or something)... Is this what I expect from Miko? Do they shed their fluffy puppy coats and then take AGES to grow their adult coats?

yep, lol :eek2:
Toffee was never that thick with the puppy coat either tho, so hopefully your Miko won't go through it that much :razz:
That pic is from December 2008, he was 5 months old :)
december 08 004.jpg
 
yep, lol :eek2:
Toffee was never that thick with the puppy coat either tho, so hopefully your Miko won't go through it that much :razz:
That pic is from December 2008, he was 5 months old :)
View attachment 2453

Here is Justice at 5 months. He kinda had the coyote thing going too.:lol: He got worse because he lost what little puppy fuzz he had. That was around 9 months. I have no pictures of that.
 
Last edited:
Gangley,awkward..is not the word! I almost forgot about these pictures~ Here is Trapp in all his glory,long legs,no hair,wonky eared.
 
Last edited:
LOL... I'm loving this thread!! Our pups are really just like kids. Kids (especially boys!) go through an awkward/gangly stage as well... missing teeth, ears just a bit too big for their heads, weight gain just prior to a growth spurt... Yet, we still think they're the most adorable things we've ever seen... Same with our pups! Although my aunt already thinks that Miko looks like the mini giraffe in the Direct TV commercial (the one with the Russian mob guy)... I can only imagine what she'll have to say about him if he's a gangly/short-haired goofball!! :lol:
 
....aaaaaaaaaaaaand the awkward, gangley times have arrived. LOL... he's all legs, totally skinny, choppy-furred (wavy stuff along his back, still puppy fuzzy in other parts), I gave up on his ears so he's got 1 up and 1 down now... Oh my... it's a look that only a mother could love! :lol:

The other sheltie (an almost 6mo old female) in his kindergarten class is sooooo different looking than him. She's a month older, but at least an inch shorter. She's also A LOT more "solid" than him. (ie. he's a girraffe and she's built like a rhino!) Also, her coat is sooo much fuller than his. She looks like a sheltie.. Miko looks like a mangey coyote :rolleyes2:

Photo evidence of the awkwardness will be posted shortly :wink2:
 
Back
Top