Awkward phase or border collie pup? You be the judge

My Jesse (tri sheltie) looked like that at the same age too. People would ask me if he was a miniature border collie (don't know if that is even a thing!). I bet she will be beautiful when her full coat comes in!
 
1D78E1FF-335E-4ED9-944D-70C13C8FBF5E.jpeg OMG... yep, cutenesses overload!
I want to pick up and squish your Doxie!

My Liam was really looking like a coyote too! He still is at 14 months!!! He is so long, tall, and thin!!! His coat is sparse and thin too. Not sure if he will mature sooner than later!

I am trying to get him socialized more and two young girls are helping me.
 
She's beautiful, I'd never mistake her for a border collie...only people who don't know what a border looks like would think she's one.
I've actually heard from breeders that bi blacks and merles have different personalities than sables...they say they need a bit more work to socialize. Don't know if this is true or not though.
 
Believe it or not we still have people asking if Cooper is an Aussie Sheep Dog. I understood it more when he was a pup, but now he has a Sheltie muzzle and a really nice tail lol. It’s been to long since we had our first Sheltie and old age doesn’t let me remember her personality to compare to Cooper other than she was such a sweet dog. :)
 
She's beautiful, I'd never mistake her for a border collie...only people who don't know what a border looks like would think she's one.
I've actually heard from breeders that bi blacks and merles have different personalities than sables...they say they need a bit more work to socialize. Don't know if this is true or not though.
not Jocu- loves all people, dogs, anyone who would play with him and he's always been that way......................
 
A "Border Sheltie"!! Yep, I've got one too - my Tri girl Faith. I often say she is a Border Collie in a Sheltie suit. The most intense and energetic of all my 6 lifetime dogs. That's why I love her wild ear hairs - they just fit her personality. :ROFLMAO:
 
Back
Top