Baby Gate

emmygirl

Forums Enthusiast
I am looking for a Baby gate to keep my pup in the kitchen area. I have a baby gate that will not work because 8"-10" baseboard that casues the gate not to lay flat against the wall evenly at the top and at the bottom. Do you have any suggestions? I do not think I will be using it TOO long so...any suggestions???
 
Have you considered an ex-pen could either be set up freestanding in the kitchen or "folded around" the inside of the door ?
 
Have you considered an ex-pen could either be set up freestanding in the kitchen or "folded around" the inside of the door ?

I have used the x-pen to block of doors and I have used plywood. the only problem with plywood is you have to use chairs to prop it up.
 
Try using a small piece of wood or whatever else you can find that is the same thickness as your baseboard at the top. Put it between the rubber stop & the wall.
 
I use the first years brand its a pressure mount that you can set the size of it. http://www.target.com/The-First-Years-Hands-Free-Gate/dp/B000058CC7/qid=1241812590/ref=br_1_8/188-3113361-0618256?ie=UTF8&node=10366001&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1 I have super wide colonial moldings too and it stays great!

I have had this gate for 5 years now and it is still holding up great!!! I actually just brought the extension for it so it fits my hallway width. The joke in my house is it looks like a mininum security prison because I have gates everywhere!!!:lol:
 
I use the first years brand its a pressure mount that you can set the size of it. http://www.target.com/The-First-Years-Hands-Free-Gate/dp/B000058CC7/qid=1241812590/ref=br_1_8/188-3113361-0618256?ie=UTF8&node=10366001&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1 I have super wide colonial moldings too and it stays great!

I have had this gate for 5 years now and it is still holding up great!!! I actually just brought the extension for it so it fits my hallway width. The joke in my house is it looks like a mininum security prison because I have gates everywhere!!!:lol:

I use a similar one. The advantage is that you can adjust the top and the bottom separately, which helps deal with the baseboard issue. Plus, it's got a door so you can walk in and out.

Mine also has an extension for extra wide entrances.
 
I use the first years brand its a pressure mount that you can set the size of it. http://www.target.com/The-First-Years-Hands-Free-Gate/dp/B000058CC7/qid=1241812590/ref=br_1_8/188-3113361-0618256?ie=UTF8&node=10366001&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1 I have super wide colonial moldings too and it stays great!

I have had this gate for 5 years now and it is still holding up great!!! I actually just brought the extension for it so it fits my hallway width. The joke in my house is it looks like a mininum security prison because I have gates everywhere!!!:lol:

If you buy this gate through Sheltie Nation and Amazon.com, you'll pay the same price, but Sheltie Nation will get a donation from your purchase. First, go to the top of the page and select "Sheltie Nation", then go down and on the right side and select Amazon.com, use the Baby Dept., and type in "The first years hands-free Gate". This is an easy way to help Sheltie Nation, Thanks.
 
If you buy this gate through Sheltie Nation and Amazon.com, you'll pay the same price, but Sheltie Nation will get a donation from your purchase. First, go to the top of the page and select "Sheltie Nation", then go down and on the right side and select Amazon.com, use the Baby Dept., and type in "The first years hands-free Gate". This is an easy way to help Sheltie Nation, Thanks.

Thank you for reminding us all about this feature. :smile2:
 
If you buy this gate through Sheltie Nation and Amazon.com, you'll pay the same price, but Sheltie Nation will get a donation from your purchase. First, go to the top of the page and select "Sheltie Nation", then go down and on the right side and select Amazon.com, use the Baby Dept., and type in "The first years hands-free Gate". This is an easy way to help Sheltie Nation, Thanks.

I need to order a gate, and am going to do it this way to help right now :-) Thanks for the info.
 
Back
Top