Bad Weather coming.

We’re fortunate here situated in the middle of Canada…cold and snow on the west coast and a nasty storm soon to hit around Toronto and Quebec. We’re going to be cold but no snow for at least 5 days which is good because we’ve already been hit by a couple Colorado lows!
I know what you mean Ron about their paws…Piper and Finnie get cold (I do keep the fur between the pads longer in winter) and want to come in the house quickly whereas Blueberry gets cold paws and either lays down or sits and then refuses to move! It takes some time to coax her in the house!
Stay warm and safe everyone, such a busy travel time for bad weather!
Luna NEVER wants to come in the house! Temperatures here in Utah are in the single or negative digits and still she barks, whines, cries and scratches at the door to be let out. She would stay outside from dawn to well after dark if I would let her. I'm running out of ways to keep her entertained. A billion treats a day and 24/7 training sessions are not a good idea and it's just too cold for me to take her on our usual extended hikes and walks. In fact, there is so much snow, we can't even access our usual trails. Suggestions?
 
Nosework. Can be done indoors, works their brains so it makes them tired. Mine crash after their class. Also, food puzzles. I know what you mean, we had our huge rainstorm over a couple of days and the dogs were so restless inside all that time - really wanted to be outside.
 
Back
Top