Bailey's Weight

What terrific news! When Pixie went through this it was California Natural chicken and rice that I put her on too, and it worked very well. She ate it for more than a year. I think your plan of 3 to 5 kibbles is a good one. You could also try feeding her the new kibble as "treats" during the day, which would space it out a bit more and introduce it more gradually. Then, if there aren't any problems, mix a bit in with her meals also. Waiting a week or two for the Vibrant Pets is a good idea, so you're only doing one thing at a time.

I wonder if she's dealt with the UTI for so long that she's in the habit of going more frequently now...since she's a puppy, that could be the case, especially if she goes for long periods other times. (You know how well they train us!! :lol: )You might ask your vet if that's a possibility.
 
What terrific news! When Pixie went through this it was California Natural chicken and rice that I put her on too, and it worked very well. She ate it for more than a year. I think your plan of 3 to 5 kibbles is a good one. You could also try feeding her the new kibble as "treats" during the day, which would space it out a bit more and introduce it more gradually. Then, if there aren't any problems, mix a bit in with her meals also. Waiting a week or two for the Vibrant Pets is a good idea, so you're only doing one thing at a time.

I wonder if she's dealt with the UTI for so long that she's in the habit of going more frequently now...since she's a puppy, that could be the case, especially if she goes for long periods other times. (You know how well they train us!! :lol: )You might ask your vet if that's a possibility.

Ann, I think you are bang on all counts!
 
What terrific news! When Pixie went through this it was California Natural chicken and rice that I put her on too, and it worked very well. She ate it for more than a year. I think your plan of 3 to 5 kibbles is a good one. You could also try feeding her the new kibble as "treats" during the day, which would space it out a bit more and introduce it more gradually. Then, if there aren't any problems, mix a bit in with her meals also. Waiting a week or two for the Vibrant Pets is a good idea, so you're only doing one thing at a time.

I wonder if she's dealt with the UTI for so long that she's in the habit of going more frequently now...since she's a puppy, that could be the case, especially if she goes for long periods other times. (You know how well they train us!! :lol: )You might ask your vet if that's a possibility.

Yup I believe you were the one that mentioned california natural chicken and rice. I researched the food and it looked perfect for Bailey. It's specifically designed for dog's with digestive issues.

It is possible that going to the bathroom a lot has become habitual. A week after she's finishes her antibiotics, I'll get another urine test and see what happens. If it comes back negative, then I'll put her in the little crate, so she learns to control her bladder again.
 
Congratulations! Seems you are having the same experience and me (and Ember). The i/d really did the trick, despite the repulsive ingredients. I beg you though, don't rush the kibble. We started slow (like 3 pieces), but got so excited that we added too much too quick and wound up going backwards! I would start with 3 pieces in the first meal and add 1 piece for each consecutive meal until you get to about half and half. (at that point I stopped counting and then just estimated, LOL). Ember still has problems if she gets ahold of something else. (my mom watched my kids and Ember overnight this weekend and today she is having loose stools. My son told me that she still seemed hungry after her meal I sent, so MY MOM gave her a few pieces of cat food!!!!!) I sure do hope her UTI has cleared up. Thats a scary thing having it go on for so long! Best of luck!

BTW, I am now (just as gradually) introducing Orijen to Ember with her Innova Puppy and she is tolerating it fine! It's SO EXCITING!!!!!
 
Back
Top