Bath time with CC products!

He does look fluffier to me. Now that I blow dried him. We'll see how he looks tonight after I brush him.

Here's another photo of the boys this morning.
Aren't they handsome!

I tried to get one of Miko by himself, but Koji refused to be left out of the photo.
 

Attachments

  • miko and koji after bath.jpg
    miko and koji after bath.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 24
In my view, that's just far too much work for a non-show dog.

I would skip the white on white and all the special shampoos for each part of their bodies. Pick one shampoo and that's could enough. Heck, when you rinse it out, its all going to bleed into each other anyway.

I do not even bath my dogs myself (and I don't even bath them more than 3-4 times per year) because I do not have the proper drying equipment. I bring them to the groomer for that. They have the proper drying equipment to ensure that their coat is not ried out, but does get dried fluffy.

I do, however, dry shampoo and condition my dogs between baths. And I trim their nails, feet and ears. I'm starting to learn about scissoring....I've had the dogs butchered too many times to let a groomer take sharp instruments them again.
 
In my view, that's just far too much work for a non-show dog.

That's probably true for most people.

I actually enjoy giving my dogs the whole shebang! I figure, I bathe them so infrequently I might as well go all out when I do :)

Plus, they look and smell so good when I'm done!
 
That's probably true for most people.

I actually enjoy giving my dogs the whole shebang! I figure, I bathe them so infrequently I might as well go all out when I do :)

Plus, they look and smell so good when I'm done!

They will smell equally as good with a single shampoo rather than layering on 3 different types......
 
That's probably true for most people.

I actually enjoy giving my dogs the whole shebang! I figure, I bathe them so infrequently I might as well go all out when I do :)

Plus, they look and smell so good when I'm done!
yes I have to say if you enjoy doing it than why not pamper you pooch! It certainly wont hurt any!!:yes:

Now with that said...the ones here who are house dogs get Crown Royal, if its cold out blow dried...if warm they get turned out in the yard...:biggrin2: they typically get fully washed 5-6 times per year..although all mine except the old guy are usually in the water every day in the summer...
 
In my view, that's just far too much work for a non-show dog.

I would skip the white on white and all the special shampoos for each part of their bodies. Pick one shampoo and that's could enough. Heck, when you rinse it out, its all going to bleed into each other anyway.

I do not even bath my dogs myself (and I don't even bath them more than 3-4 times per year) because I do not have the proper drying equipment. I bring them to the groomer for that. They have the proper drying equipment to ensure that their coat is not ried out, but does get dried fluffy.

I do, however, dry shampoo and condition my dogs between baths. And I trim their nails, feet and ears. I'm starting to learn about scissoring....I've had the dogs butchered too many times to let a groomer take sharp instruments them again.

In all honesty, I was just giving the products a try all at once. MOSTLY because I was my dogs maybe 2-4x a year. I don't bathe them that much unless they do something that gets them really dirty.

However, next time I do it, I'd probably do the shampoo, conditioner, and maybe the thick n thicker for Koji. He's already blindingly white.

I've never had a groomer do my dogs in anyway. I have had the daycare give Koji a bath, but that's because it's $20 and they'll clip his nails too. :) I don't trust anyone (your posts are exactly why, lol). And I've been clipping Miko's hair since he was a pup. Hey, back then, all I had was Sheltie Talk to go by, so his ears were always clipped too much, especially since they're prick. He gets hacked sometimes, but just like my ugly bangs, they'll grow back.

ETA: I usually don't bathe them at night because I don't typically blow dry my dogs. I may give them a blow dry to get some of the wet out, but usually, I let them air dry (their undercoats take forever anyways). Koji especially, since I forgot he hates the blow dryer (I can't recall the last time I actually bathed him myself).

p.s. are you saying my dogs aren't show dogs? :P
 
In all honesty, I was just giving the products a try all at once. MOSTLY because I was my dogs maybe 2-4x a year. I don't bathe them that much unless they do something that gets them really dirty.

However, next time I do it, I'd probably do the shampoo, conditioner, and maybe the thick n thicker for Koji. He's already blindingly white.

I've never had a groomer do my dogs in anyway. I have had the daycare give Koji a bath, but that's because it's $20 and they'll clip his nails too. :) I don't trust anyone (your posts are exactly why, lol). And I've been clipping Miko's hair since he was a pup. Hey, back then, all I had was Sheltie Talk to go by, so his ears were always clipped too much, especially since they're prick. He gets hacked sometimes, but just like my ugly bangs, they'll grow back.

ETA: I usually don't bathe them at night because I don't typically blow dry my dogs. I may give them a blow dry to get some of the wet out, but usually, I let them air dry (their undercoats take forever anyways). Koji especially, since I forgot he hates the blow dryer (I can't recall the last time I actually bathed him myself).

p.s. are you saying my dogs aren't show dogs? :P

Cheryl, you are a groomer after my own heart, for sure! I too don't bath more than 3-4 times per year. And I'm also doing mostly my own grooming.

Did you find the Thick and Thicker made the coat feel a little greasy after? I did. I found that it felt great at first, but then I felt the need to dry shampoo it out.

I've been experimenting as well with Isle of Dogs brush sprays and finding as well that after a couple of days their coats feel dry and coarse again.

Then I rediscovered a product in my kit bag that I forgot I had. It's called Naked Care. OMG! You want to talk about fluff without residue?

http://www.nakedcare.com/
 
Back
Top