Bath time with CC products!

Cheryl, you are a groomer after my own heart, for sure! I too don't bath more than 3-4 times per year. And I'm also doing mostly my own grooming.

Did you find the Thick and Thicker made the coat feel a little greasy after? I did. I found that it felt great at first, but then I felt the need to dry shampoo it out.

I've been experimenting as well with Isle of Dogs brush sprays and finding as well that after a couple of days their coats feel dry and coarse again.

Then I rediscovered a product in my kit bag that I forgot I had. It's called Naked Care. OMG! You want to talk about fluff without residue?

http://www.nakedcare.com/

I am? Oh, because I hate bathing my dogs. Typically, it takes me about 3 hours per dog, that's why I hate doing it. But after this weekends agility trial, they were dirty! So in the shower they went.

It has barely been 24 since I bathed them, so I'll have to see how they feel. I did notice Koji coat felt more coarse, but then, it typically is. We use baby wipes on him every week after class, so I think there was a lot of build up in his coat. Miko was just greasy. LOL. Poor old man.

Typically, I've been using Drs F&S oatmeal shampoo/conditioner. It left them feeling soft and clean. No buildup, no residue.

Do you think this stuff is more for the pros who tend to wash their dogs more? And need a coarser coat to stand up and puff up?
 
Did you find the Thick and Thicker made the coat feel a little greasy after? I did. I found that it felt great at first, but then I felt the need to dry shampoo it out.

I found that Thick & Thicker is a bit greasier. I noticed that it took awhile longer to totally rinse out of their coat. I wonder if maybe you didn't rinse it totally and that's why it felt greasy?

I had to really dig in to make sure it was thoroughly rinsed--it took a bit longer than just regular shampoo.

Once I rinsed it though, and dried, it didn't leave a residue.
 
Uh-oh. I didn't rinse them THAT well.

Think n' Thicker is designed to last through two or three shampoos (it says on the bottle) so it doesn't feel as if you've totally rinsed it out. I only use it for shows, and only in the ruff to help fluff it up, so I use it for every other bath. I don't find it lasts longer than two shampoos.
 
Think n' Thicker is designed to last through two or three shampoos (it says on the bottle) so it doesn't feel as if you've totally rinsed it out. I only use it for shows, and only in the ruff to help fluff it up, so I use it for every other bath. I don't find it lasts longer than two shampoos.
ahh yes when all else fails read the bottle! :wink2: The majority of CC products say to either dilute, or use every few shampoo's. I havent used the TNT in awhile...have to remember it for my next show groom...usually im busy with the white on white...since Noah insists on being a farm/mud dog:rolleyes2:

I have not found it to leave a residue, but it does take a bit to rinse out, you really need a high pressure grooming nozzle to wash it out..
 
I think the message here is that Thick N Thicker is really meant for dogs that are going to bathed often (i.e. show dogs).

Sure it poofs up nicely, but I just find the coat texture after kinda nasty. So my bottle of Thick N Thicker is now going to the back of my grooming box, unless I need my boys to look especially spiffy for some reason.

I'm going to try this Naked Care a few more times to see if it creates the same build up. The boys are freshly bathed so I should be able to net this out quickly.
 
Follow up on Thick n Thicker and feel of their coat.

I know Koji's coat was very coarse. BUT, after spraying some Ice on Ice on him prior to giving him a quick blowdry, he's soft and smooth. Poofy, but not coarse.

Hmmm..could be because I didn't leave it in longer, or that he just doesn't have the coat most other dogs would. I think for now, it's fine in his coat. And it doesn't feel strange to me, so I'm good with it.

Barb: keep us posted on the Naked Care line. Always good to learn about new things. :)
 
Follow up on Thick n Thicker and feel of their coat.

I know Koji's coat was very coarse. BUT, after spraying some Ice on Ice on him prior to giving him a quick blowdry, he's soft and smooth. Poofy, but not coarse.

Hmmm..could be because I didn't leave it in longer, or that he just doesn't have the coat most other dogs would. I think for now, it's fine in his coat. And it doesn't feel strange to me, so I'm good with it.

Barb: keep us posted on the Naked Care line. Always good to learn about new things. :)

I used Naked care several years ago, I found with that one it left a greasy oily residue on the coat. The CC line hasnt done that to date with me... I do want to try the IOD line at some point and see how that works...but im a bit hesitant as what im using now works and I dont want to mess with success:biggrin2:!!!!!!!
 
I'm on the fence with IOD line. I liked it at first, but also felt a residue....but maybe it was just because the boys were overdue for a bath anyway. I plan to give it another go in about a week, and will report back a week later. Stay tuned.
 
I used spectrum one+thick and thicker twice on alfie so far. The first time he wasn't blowing coat and it really helped his fur to stand up and look all poofy. The second time which was last Sunday his undercoat is still recovering and the difference isn't very obvious. My conclusion was CC works well if your sheltie has a lot of undercoat.

I was using thishttp://sabineetgaspard.com/Revitalisant_Doux_Poil.html before the CC products. I find this help to give him more volume than CC. so much that the coat gets a bit curly for a day or two. Does anyone else have experience with this brand?

Edit: forgot to mention, this coat care gives the fur a wonderful touch a day after applying. Alfies coat feels soooo soft yet it's not flat looking.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top