Beachside Feb 2015 #1

You are very lucky...I feel a move to Suffolk coming on! :wink2:

The only downside with indoor schools is they are usually sooooo cold. When I was showing the dogs I went to a few breed shows at these kind of venues and it took me hours to revive from my deep frozen state once I had left. After a few such events I decided that I was doing shows supposedly for pleasure and spending the day in cryogenics wasn't really much fun so irrespective of all other enticements, I avoided those shows. It seemed to be a combination of the sand/dirt flooring and the shoulder height gaps in panelling creating inescapable draughts. However this is less of a problem if you are not doing too much standing around - there is a lot of standing around at breed shows and no opportunity to warm up when running!

My dream is to win the lottery and build a dog training 'facility' - with specialist flooring, central heating and a kitchen. Hmmm After reading your post I think some overnight accommodation would also be necessary as I wouldn't want to leave either :lol: Sounds like you are in agility heaven with all those classes and it certainly seems to be paying off.:cool:
 
Oh yes, it can get cold! I have blankets in my car and all my thermal gear, at least at agility no one is paying heed to the handlers appearance, so you can dress in as many layers as needs be! Once you get running it's usually alright and class nights you are constantly moving so you end up stripped down to a t shirt!

I have a similar dream to you Julia, would love my own training facility with aluminium equipment.

I confess agility has taken over my life and sometimes it seems forever between classes, when it is only a week or less! It's the only thing that will get me out of bed on a weekend at silly o'clock.
 
Back
Top