Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

Ooh Best Friends!!! I also learnt about BF through the Michael Vick dogs. I've since watched a few episodes of Dogtown and think they do an absolutely amazing job. I clog up our Tivo equivalent by recording all the dog shows which are on when I'm not home! :lol:


That's awesome, pretty exciting!! Unfortunately we can't bring Megan into the sanctuary, so she gets to stay in the nice comfy motorhome. IF we do decide to adopt, then we could being her in to meet and greet the other pet :yes:
 
Enjoy! That place is amazing. We actually meet Sherry from DogTown. We did a little film shoot with them back in May of last year. I just sent an e-mail to Sherry to see if that episode ever aired.

Here is the picture:
 

Attachments

  • Best Friends 1.jpg
    Best Friends 1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 13
Enjoy! That place is amazing. We actually meet Sherry from DogTown. We did a little film shoot with them back in May of last year. I just sent an e-mail to Sherry to see if that episode ever aired.

Here is the picture:


Oh wow, how cool is that :yes: :yes:. I would be honored to meet any of them, but super excited to meet John Garcia. The way he connected with the Vicktory dogs just dumfounded me!!
 
Oh wow, how cool is that :yes: :yes:. I would be honored to meet any of them, but super excited to meet John Garcia. The way he connected with the Vicktory dogs just dumfounded me!!

I never heard of Dog Town before the shoot. I heard of Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (our 4-H club had donated money to them after Hurricane katrina). So...I really was not sure of all the people who came to the shoot. It was here in NJ....and they wanted my mom to demonstrate service dog stuff. But to be honest, I am not sure about who all the people were from the show. Sherry was just SUPER nice and offered to take a picture with my daughter, mom, and friend. That is my mom's setter, Sassy, in the picture.

Wish I knew more about DogTown before we did the shoot, lol. But that is usually how things go for me :lol: I live in the dark.
 
I never heard of Dog Town before the shoot. I heard of Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (our 4-H club had donated money to them after Hurricane katrina). So...I really was not sure of all the people who came to the shoot. It was here in NJ....and they wanted my mom to demonstrate service dog stuff. But to be honest, I am not sure about who all the people were from the show. Sherry was just SUPER nice and offered to take a picture with my daughter, mom, and friend. That is my mom's setter, Sassy, in the picture.

Wish I knew more about DogTown before we did the shoot, lol. But that is usually how things go for me :lol: I live in the dark.


When I found BFAS website I was completely enthralled that such a state of the art NO-KILL shelter of that caliber existed..I read all the personal stories of the lead and head trainers and just sat at my computer crying over it :sadsmile:. First crying over the dedication to the Vicktory dogs then to know the level of care ALL the animals big and tiny receive..

:lol:, honestly sometimes living in the dark is the best place to be!!
 
I only saw the show once or twice. I really liked it. I should add it to my DVR record list....

The book was even better than the show. I really enjoyed the book.
 
I should definitely get the book. I am much happier reading than watching TV....hence why I choose this forum over TV :biggrin2:
 
Excellent idea about getting the book! Although I am not a reader at all, I could probably handle the book better then show :o
 
The couple shows that I saw were not too bad. They were in line with the Animal Planet show...Animal Cops.


Yeah and I can't seem to handle even a second or 2 of seeing dog fighting scenes, makes me a basket case afterwards. Whenever I watch AP, if I see Pitt Bulls, I usually have to change cause I know what the episode is about :dead:
 
Back
Top