Best tool for doing nails?

hmmm the link doesnt appear to be working...or not for me atleast..if it plugs in its best to steer away from that type, it has been known to do some serious damage if it gets caught in their fur opposed to the battery type, which slows down when it its alot of resistance (ie ripping fur out). I believe MissJenneygirl can elaborate more on plug in kind and the danger of using it...
 
I'm not sure which link is not working - mine for Amazon or the Petco link.

They both seem to be working for me.

Yes, I agree, cordless is better but more for ease of use. Corded or cordless can both be a hazard if you are not careful (as we talked about earlier in the thread).

After wrapping Indy's butt hair into the dremel once, I'm very careful about a few things.

- trim the paws first (much easier to get at the nails)
- ensure your pup is calm and not squirming around. Some dogs are happy to lie on their backs; others are not. Find the position that your pup is calmest. I generally do Bacca on his side and Indy on his back, between my legs. Some people have success using a grooming harness with the dogs standing. My dogs find that too stressfull.
- Always be aware of where the tool is....I wrapped up Indy's butt because I had it one hand as I was turning him around and failed to turn it off. That's the only that the Pedicure has going for it....you are less likely to make that mistake.

On a final note....any tool that is long handled is difficult to move around. That's the advantage of the Stylus 1100. It is very compact so easy to hold in multiple positions. And at 40% off ($68) at Amazon, its a steal.
 
Back
Top