Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Brown Fur on a Bi-Black

Discussion in 'Sheltie Colors' started by Elei, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Chris Christensen also has shampoo just for black dogs.
    https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Christensen-Black-Shampoo-16-ounce/dp/B000NV87GK

2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Minnie have the rusty color on her back
    when we come home from the summer house after 5-6 months,
    now after 4 months at home, she has her normal black back.

Minnie is rusty for 1/2 a year and nice black 1/2 a year :yes:

So i have 2 dogs - with a little good will a mahogany and a tri :ROFLMAO:

DianeP, Sandy in CT and Calliesmom like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    You can use the black shampoo on the white fur and opposite as well. Maybe not with the Christensen shampoos but the ones I noted are fine. The white might not be as pearly white if the black gets on but doesn't darken the white fur. I've only bathed him twice, well 3 times if you could once when he was a puppy but not with these shampoos. First time with the shampoos I posted, I used all the white one - no issues. This last time, I slopped on the black, let it set, rinsed, washed with black again and then washed the white with white shampoo while the black sat. He sparkled after! I purchased the shampoos I chose over the Christensen shampoos because of more positive reviews. Plus these shampoos can be watered down to made to last 'forever' supposedly without affecting the integrity of the shampoo.