hello all,
does anyone know about Canned tuna mercury levels for Shelties?
I read for human safety : 2-3 servings per week of light,
and only 1 per week of albacore.
Or is there another fish I could use?
thanks!
I feed tuna only rarely as it is quite pricey for what you get. I prefer pilchards in tomato sauce as it is good for the coat. My lab gets a large tin of pilchards once a week, when Merlin is older he will get a small tin.
I also used to get whole frozen Spanish sardines. They were brilliant, Cadbury would have two whole, tail, head and all. But the supermarket has stopped selling them and I am struggling to get something comparable
Sardines that are packed in olive oil are good, as well. Just check the sodium levels and get the ones with the least sodium content. Or fresh sardines if you have access to a fish market.
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.