Cavalier King Charles Spaniels?

Reading through the book I have (English Publication), there is mention of possible rough collie, Pomeranian, Norwegian Buhund, Yakki Dog with the use of was is referred to as the 'Working Collie' and a hint of the marking from a cavvy. I havent read it fully but those are some breeds that are mentioned

This might also help :)

http://www.rehler.com/html/sheltie.html

My readings show the Yakki, collies and corgi - basically small farm breed dogs from Scotland and nearby Nordic countries that would have been brought to and used on the Islands. The spaniels dont make sense as they are gun dogs and prob didn't have much of a role on the islands. That said - they are a real bitza and would probably have had bits of every dog brought on the island in them. The Rough Collie was bred into the line deliberately to maintain the breed (Shelties as a breed were disappearing) and to get a consistent look. The early shelties did look very much like a mini border collie and early (pre-1950s) rough collie mix.
 
Wooooow!!!

I pulled this off kijji today. It's making me scream in frustration. An unsuspecting person would look at it and say "what cute pups" and go for it without going further. A neophyte would look at the site and say: Look at all the good information they've posted on the website. It must be legit!


http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs...alier-king-charles-x-shetl-W0QQAdIdZ105279919

Then if you go to their home page: www.puppyofmydreams.com and see the full line up of pups they have it makes me want to cry! Puppy mill or what?

Aaargh!

Barb, you are totally right. TWELVE PAGES OF PUPPIES FOR SALE???? Wow...that's ridiculous!! And what are they thinking? Putting Advantage on an 8 week old puppy?? I wasn't even CONSIDERING treating Caliber until he hit at least 12 weeks old. I had to "bite my tongue" so to speak to do my best not to send them a message saying how idiotic they are.

"originaly the Cavalier king charles was use to create the breed of Shetland sheepdog." Right - which is why the breed have NO physical relations(except maybe the blaze). They are two TOTALLY different breeds...you can see it. And as far as personality goes - same thing. Nothing alike. These people need to be investigated.
 
Barb, you are totally right. TWELVE PAGES OF PUPPIES FOR SALE???? Wow...that's ridiculous!! And what are they thinking? Putting Advantage on an 8 week old puppy?? I wasn't even CONSIDERING treating Caliber until he hit at least 12 weeks old. I had to "bite my tongue" so to speak to do my best not to send them a message saying how idiotic they are.

"originaly the Cavalier king charles was use to create the breed of Shetland sheepdog." Right - which is why the breed have NO physical relations(except maybe the blaze). They are two TOTALLY different breeds...you can see it. And as far as personality goes - same thing. Nothing alike. These people need to be investigated.

That's what I was thinking too! Maybe I'll put a call into the Humane Society tomorrow and see if these guys have been checked out before.

Could they be "puppy brokers"? The first I'd ever heard of it was on this forum - just a few days ago (can't remember who'se post it was). I mean, that's alot of puppies - never mind dams and sires to breed them!
 
Just had a look on their website.

What's I find very alarming is their offer to ship worldwide. Can you imagine anyone thinking it is acceptable to buy a puppy on the internet and have it shipped half way across the world.

Quite astonishing.

Adam
 
did you see the adult shelties!! 10 pounds :eek2: and she calls them minature shelties :dead: I just want to go there and slap her around :lol: I love how she puts she is not a puppy mill because she doesn't wean at 4-5 weeks and her do9gs are healthy :rolleyes2:
 
did you see the adult shelties!! 10 pounds :eek2: and she calls them minature shelties :dead: I just want to go there and slap her around I love how she puts she is not a puppy mill because she doesn't wean at 4-5 weeks and her do9gs are healthy

I'm so totally blown by this. I mean, this is CANADA and only about 20km from my home! Puppy mills don't happen here! We love and respect all animals....oops! wait, I guess we do the seal hunt too! :mad::cry:
 
Absolutely a puppy mill and they know it. If it looks like a puppy mill, sounds like a puppy mill. It is a puppy mill. Producing dogs for profit :mad:
 
Barb, you are totally right. TWELVE PAGES OF PUPPIES FOR SALE???? Wow...that's ridiculous!! And what are they thinking? Putting Advantage on an 8 week old puppy?? I wasn't even CONSIDERING treating Caliber until he hit at least 12 weeks old. I had to "bite my tongue" so to speak to do my best not to send them a message saying how idiotic they are.

"originaly the Cavalier king charles was use to create the breed of Shetland sheepdog." Right - which is why the breed have NO physical relations(except maybe the blaze). They are two TOTALLY different breeds...you can see it. And as far as personality goes - same thing. Nothing alike. These people need to be investigated.

These types of breeders make me sick. Poor puppies. :mad:

Even if I didn't know what I do about puppy mills, I still wouldn't have wanted a cross of these two breeds. I love shelties and I love cavaliers (I have a great aunt who IS a reputable breeder and shows her dogs. They are so sweet and gentle!) but crossing them takes away from what makes both breeds special.

About Shelties having Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in them, I think the statement from that despicable breeder is pushing it, but I still wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of truth in it. It could be so far back in the bloodlines that you don't see it in today's shelties, but I'd say it's possible. You never know, maybe they were used to develop shelties into the smaller dogs we see today.
 
I did read somewhere that spaniels were used but it said not the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I'll have to look and see where that was from.
 
Heck, the origins of the "Toonie Dog" are so shrouded in lore and lies, I wouldn't be surprised if someone claimed they were part chicken! :lol:

I agree.

If it's nothing more than folk legend that places the Cavalier in Sheltie bloodlines, then I will be happy to disregard it as such, because that's one of my least favorite breeds.
 
Back
Top