Clocking Ticks

You think the deer ticks are bad? Try removing one of those fat, nasty dog ticks without it exploding. Gross. :dead:
 
You think the deer ticks are bad? Try removing one of those fat, nasty dog ticks without it exploding. Gross. :dead:

The dog ticks are what we have, mostly. We have three kinds in our yard. They're all disgusting and if you guys think you are itchy, try pulling them off your dog every single night. I dream of ticks!
 
Wow 80 ticks, that kept you busy. I found one on Lucky, and a dead one on the floor. The knats, bees, wasps, lady bugs, and the worst has been spiders. When you open up the door, they politely walk in, uninvited.

I found the most horrible looking spider ever on my bathroom floor. You know what one of those rubber fake spiders look like. This thing was a shiny black one, skinny body, with a white stripe down its back, and the legs crimped up high. It was a deep black, scared the holy h*** out of me. Then a wood spider, one of those furry ones in the house. Outside they love my front windows weaving their webs. I thought ya telling me your dressing the house for Halloween. When my son was in elementary school, he got bit by a recluse, ya know how much I hate spiders? Big Time!

First year I have ever found a tick on one of my shelties, hate them, and if it was 80? Oh my!
 
Good Evening one and all:

For those of you that possibly saw their first day of spring today and had your pups afield, you may want to check for ticks and reinstate your flea and tick preference of meds this week.

I have found 3 on MMM this afternoon and will do the first of the season's official bedtime check tonight.

Oh and they were what I assume are deer ticks, the little tiny nasty hard to find ones.

Have a great evening! :winkgrin:
 
ARRRGHHHHH! I HATE ticks! They just pure-T freak me OUT. YUCK. I am SO hoping that we'll have a light year for all types of bugs since we had such a cold, cold winter.
 
Good Evening one and all:

For those of you that possibly saw their first day of spring today and had your pups afield, you may want to check for ticks and reinstate your flea and tick preference of meds this week.

I have found 3 on MMM this afternoon and will do the first of the season's official bedtime check tonight.

Oh and they were what I assume are deer ticks, the little tiny nasty hard to find ones.

Have a great evening! :winkgrin:

Thanks for the reminder!! I was out scooping Poo today and a bee flew by me...guess spring is on the way!!!!!!:biggrin2: Although I could do without the bugs!!:dead:
 
I yes...the springtime yard sweep....I was out in the lovely sunshine strolling the backyard with scoop in hand as well. Clean yard...at least for a while. The dogs have been outside in the sun most of the day so I'm sure they've left a few more "presents" for me.

As long as they don't bring in any ticks, poop, or other "presents" I'm fine with the yard clean-up detail.
 
ughhhh! So happy the weather is warmer, but not looking forward to tick season. We just got back from the park. I'm gonna have to do a tick check
 
Good Evening one and all:

For those of you that possibly saw their first day of spring today and had your pups afield, you may want to check for ticks and reinstate your flea and tick preference of meds this week.

I have found 3 on MMM this afternoon and will do the first of the season's official bedtime check tonight.

Oh and they were what I assume are deer ticks, the little tiny nasty hard to find ones.

Have a great evening! :winkgrin:

Thanks for the reminder! And, yes, I had the kids out today in the back yard. I just didn't think the critters would start so soon. Do these things hibernate or what? :lol:
 
Thanks for the reminder! And, yes, I had the kids out today in the back yard. I just didn't think the critters would start so soon. Do these things hibernate or what? :lol:

From my research, I did learn that ticks hibernate in the winter and are still around when the snow thaws.

While I was still in Syracuse, even through winter, we had ticks the entire time.

I've been back in FL 2 weeks now. Not a tick in sight, thank you Lord. I think I'll do a tick check before bed tonight though. You guys have me worried!
 
Back
Top