Crochet for pets!

Crochet and knitting going on here, grandbaby due Janurary 1st. :smile2:

Here's a big granny square I crocheted for a co-workers baby last year. My grand will get one of these, right now I'm knitting a blankie for him with matching cap and booties.

babysprattblanket.jpg
 
Oopps, forgot to say, I've crocheted some leashes for Bobby. My favorite is crocheted drapery cord (3 contrasting strand colors) made to the right length for his heel work.

I bought a crochet and knitting DVD, where I could back up and watch over and over. They even demonstrate the stiches in slo motion. I think Leisure Arts made the dvd's.
 
I have been watching videos. Here are my thoughts.

1. First of all, they go too fast. I understand that they are probably slowing it down as much as they possibly can, but even pausing the video and rewatching parts over and over doesn't help.

2. Camera angles. Again, I understand this is a hand craft, but no matter how the camera is positioned one hand often times crosses the other at crucial moments, and I can't tell what the triggerfish is going on.

I am going to look into maybe checking out hobby lobby or Michaels or asking around if anybody knows of a place close by that is teaching it. I'm more of a hands on kind of learner. I have to see it for myself and do it for myself.
 
I learned to knit from a dvd and it was done pretty well though I can never remember how to do it once I stop and so I don't knit much....
I pretty much learned to crochet from the small book I got at walmart though my great aunt showed me how to chain stitch when I was maybe 10.
The past two days I've been working on a small blanket for Saidy, it's an odd size because I only had so much yarn left over from a scarf I made a few years ago, here's a pic:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pEIBkmJJYnU/THr12LpG0FI/AAAAAAAAAKE/3JNR7Xjkuqg/s1600/001.JPG

Smudge: Good luck with the single crochet!

2GoodDogs: That's really great! I reeeeeeally have to slow down to make anything near that nice.
 
I learned to knit from a dvd and it was done pretty well though I can never remember how to do it once I stop and so I don't knit much....
I pretty much learned to crochet from the small book I got at walmart though my great aunt showed me how to chain stitch when I was maybe 10.
The past two days I've been working on a small blanket for Saidy, it's an odd size because I only had so much yarn left over from a scarf I made a few years ago, here's a pic:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pEIBkmJJYnU/THr12LpG0FI/AAAAAAAAAKE/3JNR7Xjkuqg/s1600/001.JPG

Smudge: Good luck with the single crochet!

2GoodDogs: That's really great! I reeeeeeally have to slow down to make anything near that nice.

All blankets suddenly look 100% better when they have a tri sitting on top of them! :biggrin2:
 
All blankets suddenly look 100% better when they have a tri sitting on top of them! :biggrin2:


No, they look better when any sheltie is sitting on them. :wink2:

With my next pay check, I am going to invest in some crochet needles and yarn (several colors). It'll be cheaper than making jewelry, and more time consuming so I don't have to find stuff to do on the internet. :) Anywho, when I do, you're more than welcome to come over and I'll see about buying some instructional videos we can watch together. I know about the same amount as you do right now. Simply making a chain....
 
No, they look better when any sheltie is sitting on them. :wink2:

With my next pay check, I am going to invest in some crochet needles and yarn (several colors). It'll be cheaper than making jewelry, and more time consuming so I don't have to find stuff to do on the internet. :) Anywho, when I do, you're more than welcome to come over and I'll see about buying some instructional videos we can watch together. I know about the same amount as you do right now. Simply making a chain....

We should. :yes: That way when I can't figure it out I won't be alone when I pulll my hair out and scream. :lol:

I was telling Erin, and I don't know if you know or not, but if you go to hobbylobby.com you can print off their weekly coupon and use it in the store. This week the coupon is 40% off any one regularly priced item. Plus, they have sales all the time anyway. So you might could find yarn or the hooks on sale and then get the other for 40% off. Last week I bought one hook (I can't make anything yet so no need in investing in a bunch of different sizes at the moment!), and two different spools of yarn.

Also, the Wal-Mart on stateline has crochet supplies. Not a lot though. They have a few hooks and some yarn. Our store has ONE crochet hook and no yarn at all. :lol: I am not sure about New Boston or the Texas side Wal-Mart though.
 
I will have pictures up hopefully by tomorrow night or Wednesday before we go to the park. Tonight I completed my first single crochet stitch.

The stitch will be modeled off by the sheltie of my choice. :biggrin2:

My camera battery died, and it is in the process of charging. :sadsmile:
 
Back
Top