dawns2shelties
Forums Sage
Have you tried the learning videos on lionsbrand they may be easier than you tube since it's on a yarn site?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I learned to knit from a dvd and it was done pretty well though I can never remember how to do it once I stop and so I don't knit much....
I pretty much learned to crochet from the small book I got at walmart though my great aunt showed me how to chain stitch when I was maybe 10.
The past two days I've been working on a small blanket for Saidy, it's an odd size because I only had so much yarn left over from a scarf I made a few years ago, here's a pic:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pEIBkmJJYnU/THr12LpG0FI/AAAAAAAAAKE/3JNR7Xjkuqg/s1600/001.JPG
Smudge: Good luck with the single crochet!
2GoodDogs: That's really great! I reeeeeeally have to slow down to make anything near that nice.

All blankets suddenly look 100% better when they have a tri sitting on top of them!![]()

No, they look better when any sheltie is sitting on them.
With my next pay check, I am going to invest in some crochet needles and yarn (several colors). It'll be cheaper than making jewelry, and more time consuming so I don't have to find stuff to do on the internet.Anywho, when I do, you're more than welcome to come over and I'll see about buying some instructional videos we can watch together. I know about the same amount as you do right now. Simply making a chain....
That way when I can't figure it out I won't be alone when I pulll my hair out and scream. 
I am not sure about New Boston or the Texas side Wal-Mart though.