Dacof 2016

Well, it's almost time for DACOF! Our team is doing a Dr. Seuss theme and the decorations we have for the crate area are AMAZING!

I finally gave up on the teeter for now. If Spirit does it, great, if she doesn't, oh well. I think it will only be required in 1 out of the 5 events (it will be in Standard but probably not T2B, and I doubt it will be in the Novice send for FAST). We get to drop the lowest score so even if she gets a 0 our team isn't doomed. I talked to her trainers about how anxious I was that we would be letting the team down if she refused the teeter and they basically said that it's a TEAM effort and if she doesn't do the teeter it doesn't matter. They knew she was having teeter issues when they put her on the team and they wanted her on it anyway because she has many other strengths (she NEVER drops bars and understands handling really well, plus she usually flies through the weaves without a problem). They reminded me that we're supposed to have fun, and whatever happens out there happens. So I'm feeling a lot more relaxed about it now and looking forward to it. It's going to be exhausting (Saturday morning we have to be there for a team meeting at 6:30, the walk throughs start at 6:50) but SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!! I really can't wait and will be sure to post pictures and video.
 
#1: Have fun
#2: Share the videos with us.
#3: Don't worry about the teeter (or anything else, See #1) :joyful:
 
#1: Have fun
#2: Share the videos with us.
#3: Don't worry about the teeter (or anything else, See #1) :joyful:
LOL, thanks Lanie! I have stopped worrying about the teeter. And I will definitely have fun. Actually, a lot more fun now that I'm not worried about the teeter :-)
 
Back
Top