Delay in gastric emptying

Ronna, I'm sorry to hear that Liam still isn't feeling himself. I really hope that the vet is able to get to the root of the problem and take care of it.

Sending thoughts and prayers to you.
 
I am sorry to hear this. It sounds like there may be a blockage.

Was there anything that Liam could have gotten into?

I will keep you all in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.
 
Unfortunately, Liam is my scavenger. Anything he can eat, he will. I have caught him digging out cement to eat, chewing on stones, sticks, branches, etc. Hoping tomorrow will have some definitive answers (that doesn't include surgery). He finally had a BM tonight, first since Sunday morning, so hope this helps.

I will update tomorrow night when I know more. Bloodwork will be back in the morning. So glad I didn't wait until tomorrow, but called and took him over tonight.
 
Prayers and thoughts to you and Liam - I hope the BM gave him relief from the pain and distended stomach! And I hope the outcome of the test results are best case scenario!!!

Brady is a real little piggy ... gulps his food in seconds. Then he stands and moves his head in circles until he gets up a couple of good burps. It worries me that he eats so fast ... and he will eat and eat and eat if we let him. Brandi on the the other hand is so picky that she won't eat from her dish - we can't leave it down because Brady will gaff it ... so we have to crate her to eat. Would you believe Mr Brady is sticking his paws through the metal trying to pull out her kibble ... and, even more bizarre - I've watched Brandi take kibbles and spit them out through the metal to him! Unbelievable!

God Bless!
 
Not great. He looked so sick this morning, not acting much like himself. He is at the vet's right now, I dropped him off this morning. The plan was to repeat the X-Rays and possibly do a barium swallow.

Bloodwork taken yesterday was good for the most part. Kidney, liver tests okay, except for the CK (creatinine) which was up a little. He explained this could be multifactorial in cause.

Hoping to hear soon. If not, I am heading over when I get done work at 4.
 
Sending prayers and hope that Liam improves and it's nothing serious. Poor guy. It sounds very uncomfortable. Keeping you in my thoughts too. It's awful not to know what the problem is.
 
Not great. He looked so sick this morning, not acting much like himself. He is at the vet's right now, I dropped him off this morning. The plan was to repeat the X-Rays and possibly do a barium swallow.

Bloodwork taken yesterday was good for the most part. Kidney, liver tests okay, except for the CK (creatinine) which was up a little. He explained this could be multifactorial in cause.

Hoping to hear soon. If not, I am heading over when I get done work at 4.

Just curious, what is the barium swallow for? I've never heard of that.

Seems to me like it could be an obstruction. I hope they find out what's wrong soon--thinking of you!
 
Just to jump in here on the barium.

Barium shows up on the x-rays, so they can see if the barium goes through the GI system, or if it stops in a certain spot. When my dog swallowed a bunch of socks, the socks sucked up the barium in her stomach and it showed the big glob of barium, versus it moving through the system. That is when we knew something was in her stomach.
 
Back
Top