Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Discouraging "litter box snacking"

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by SRW, Nov 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Oh my.....we do not have any cats, but I do have one or two who have a taste for poopy. Dog poop, goat poop, deer poop, chicken poop, you name it. Yuck!

2. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    I ordered a gate with a door in it today. I'm hoping that Devon won't be able to squeeze through the door and that Toro will not be spooked having to go through it in order to get to his litter box.

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    SRW likes this.
  4. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018

Now that's an interesting idea! Did you have any trouble getting your cat to climb in and out?

5. ttexan

ttexan Forums Regular

Dec 3, 2013
    Sandia Park, NM
    Regarding pumpkin/pineapple - actually these are helpful in preventing them from eating their own stool. Perhaps you could try these on you cat????

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I found that Finnie liked the taste of his poop after eating pumpkin :gaah....fortunately he's outgrown that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

7. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018

Hmmm.... So if I feed Toro pumpkin and pineapple, Devon won't like the taste of his turds??? :poop:;)

8. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Not at all! We started with the lid off for a day or two for him to get used to jumping in the box and then he was good to go!

9. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    I ordered on of those metal gates with the small door at the bottom and it appears to be working! Devon tried to follow the cat through the little door and got stuck. He almost pulled the gate down while trying to back out of the little gate, but I was able to get to him in time to prevent him from doing that. I screwed the gate down much tighter to lessen as much as possible the chance of him pulling it down if he tries that again, but I'm hoping that him getting stuck once will be enough to keep him from making another attempt.