Discouraging "litter box snacking"

Oh my.....we do not have any cats, but I do have one or two who have a taste for poopy. Dog poop, goat poop, deer poop, chicken poop, you name it. Yuck!
 
I ordered a gate with a door in it today. I'm hoping that Devon won't be able to squeeze through the door and that Toro will not be spooked having to go through it in order to get to his litter box.
 
Regarding pumpkin/pineapple - actually these are helpful in preventing them from eating their own stool. Perhaps you could try these on you cat????
 
Regarding pumpkin/pineapple - actually these are helpful in preventing them from eating their own stool. Perhaps you could try these on you cat????
I found that Finnie liked the taste of his poop after eating pumpkin :gaah....fortunately he's outgrown that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
Regarding pumpkin/pineapple - actually these are helpful in preventing them from eating their own stool. Perhaps you could try these on you cat????


Hmmm.... So if I feed Toro pumpkin and pineapple, Devon won't like the taste of his turds??? :poop:;)
 
Now that's an interesting idea! Did you have any trouble getting your cat to climb in and out?

Not at all! We started with the lid off for a day or two for him to get used to jumping in the box and then he was good to go!
 
I ordered on of those metal gates with the small door at the bottom and it appears to be working! Devon tried to follow the cat through the little door and got stuck. He almost pulled the gate down while trying to back out of the little gate, but I was able to get to him in time to prevent him from doing that. I screwed the gate down much tighter to lessen as much as possible the chance of him pulling it down if he tries that again, but I'm hoping that him getting stuck once will be enough to keep him from making another attempt.
 
Back
Top