Distance to aspire to!

I have decided that a lot of what limits us working at such distances is ourselves. Tonight I decided not to run with Tully - make her do all the work - and boy she was fantastic. I moved position 3 times in the agility course and once in the jumping course. She made a couple of mistakes, but they were not due to handling errors. I was really impressed with her, and me, wish I had taped it.

I realised she is confident enough to want to run at a distance, she would prefer the speed rather than having me alongside, after all she manages at flyball just fine.

So I recommend everyone, next class, give it a whirl. Beats dieting to keep up anytime!!!:lol:
 
I have decided that a lot of what limits us working at such distances is ourselves.

So true, so true. At my last training class, I couldn't walk. So, I basically did the course in sections and barely moved. I moved enough to give a command, like a step. I was impressed. Obviously, I'm supporting him too much. That's why my trainer told my husband to kick me in the shins prior to class, so I couldn't run, lol.

I'm telling ya, it's always us. :(
 
I have decided that a lot of what limits us working at such distances is ourselves. Tonight I decided not to run with Tully - make her do all the work - and boy she was fantastic. I moved position 3 times in the agility course and once in the jumping course. She made a couple of mistakes, but they were not due to handling errors. I was really impressed with her, and me, wish I had taped it.

I realised she is confident enough to want to run at a distance, she would prefer the speed rather than having me alongside, after all she manages at flyball just fine.

So I recommend everyone, next class, give it a whirl. Beats dieting to keep up anytime!!!:lol:

Hey, I second that!!! LOL
No weight loss folder on here lets ask for a GET THE DISTANCE folder instead :) :lol:
There is this 74 year old lady here who runs (and breeds) crazy, hyper Standard poodles, she gets the distance cuz her boy can FLY, but she cannot... it doesn't matter, she has great expectations of her dog, and that dog delivers and she trains for that!
 
Back
Top