Distance to aspire to!

It's amazing, but if you look at Border Collies in herding competition, they work quite a ways away from their handler - and they depend on whistles and other cues.
 
hahaahahahah
Agility is going to keep me grounded, I tell ya
in more ways than one
LOL

I was hoping to shed a few pesky pounds during this sport thing, but ... the day after an intense agility practice I can't help but load up on carbs. I didn't realize that was why I craved them until last week. Now that I know, it *might* help. I doubt it.
 
It's amazing, but if you look at Border Collies in herding competition, they work quite a ways away from their handler - and they depend on whistles and other cues.

That is what it remindered me of... Herding

hahaahahahah
Agility is going to keep me grounded, I tell ya
in more ways than one
LOL

I have been trying to loss some weight ever since I started running Diva.

One night at class, D and Ember were the only 12" dogs so I ran them back to back. I did ok until we were to run a full excellent coruse. Ember and did it perfect then it was Diva's turn . She ran it perfect until the last jump and she missed it because I was late giving the cue(darn). I couldn't believe it. I so happy because Diva did so well and that I kept up with her almost(remember I just ran the course with Ember) and threw my hands up in the air and fell on the grass to my knees. Diva ran over and started kissing me as I played with her, I fell to the ground flat on my back. My instructor looked at me and asked if I was alright. Seriously he looked like he was going to call an ambulance. I'm sure by how hard I was breathing, he thought I was having a heart attack.:lol: I assured him I was ok and was just playing with my dog.:smile2::o

Must remember not to scare the instructor.
 
Last edited:
That is funny, Shelli. The dogs knew, but the instructor didn't. Losing weight is so hard. I've been after these 10 lbs for about a year. I succeeded in losing about 5 earlier this year but they are back. Ugh.

I recently took a bad spill at Flyball practice. I have been constantly saying how clumsy I am and that is was inevitable. Well, during recalls practice, I take off over the 6 inch jumps and remember that I forgot to get a treat our of my pouch ahead of time. I don't like being late with that and my instructor has told me so many times I should have remembered.

My attention moves from running to getting the treat and then my foot catches a jump. I didn't want to fall into the next jump (either to ruin it or get hurt) so I twisted in mid-air and threw myself over the next jump in a weird hop. I fell pretty hard and had a nice bruise to prove it. Once I got my wind back, Duncan is licking me, I'm laughing between huffs, and DH and instructor think I've lost it.
 
Y'know, I will say this. 1. It's inspiring to watch Blue and Rebecca run in real life (we compete at the same NADAC trials a lot). 2. She did win the Purina dog challenge with Blue, and 3. She works the bonus line as much as she can and it is amazing!

You should check out her YouTube videos. Amazing, simply amazing. I doubt I will ever get to that point, but it's nice to dream. She has a blog and I believe she rescued her two Shelties (Blue and Truly - Truly is the less experienced dog).

I love watching them run. BTW, if you can't tell, she's also very young. Still in high school I believe. Her mom was the one that was giving me some pointers after my first crazy debacle with my first Standard run, I thought that was really nice of her.

Trust me, seeing it in person....just makes my mouth drop. Watching NADAC Elite run (they tend to run like that) is amazing. It seems NADAC is made for distance. I don't see that with AKC. So, you can all see why I'm like, distance? are you crazy? I got 5 feet and I'm happy. These ppl run their dogs behind a line. Yeah. something to aspire to. I need to find a baseball diamond. lol.
 
Y'know, I will say this. 1. It's inspiring to watch Blue and Rebecca run in real life (we compete at the same NADAC trials a lot). 2. She did win the Purina dog challenge with Blue, and 3. She works the bonus line as much as she can and it is amazing!

You should check out her YouTube videos. Amazing, simply amazing. I doubt I will ever get to that point, but it's nice to dream. She has a blog and I believe she rescued her two Shelties (Blue and Truly - Truly is the less experienced dog).

I love watching them run. BTW, if you can't tell, she's also very young. Still in high school I believe. Her mom was the one that was giving me some pointers after my first crazy debacle with my first Standard run, I thought that was really nice of her.

Trust me, seeing it in person....just makes my mouth drop. Watching NADAC Elite run (they tend to run like that) is amazing. It seems NADAC is made for distance. I don't see that with AKC. So, you can all see why I'm like, distance? are you crazy? I got 5 feet and I'm happy. These ppl run their dogs behind a line. Yeah. something to aspire to. I need to find a baseball diamond. lol.

OHHH
how neat!
Isn't it great that my agility trainer here in Halifax was sent this video sent to her by another friend ... and I post it here and we find out you 'know' her.. I am in complete awe of her, LOL. To me these types of persons are true hero's to look up to, you know!? Like that is a REAL skill to admire, not a look or money they just have!
So here is to people like Rebbecca (and her Mom...) how nice of her to help you, too!
 
OHHH
how neat!
Isn't it great that my agility trainer here in Halifax was sent this video sent to her by another friend ... and I post it here and we find out you 'know' her.. I am in complete awe of her, LOL. To me these types of persons are true hero's to look up to, you know!? Like that is a REAL skill to admire, not a look or money they just have!
So here is to people like Rebbecca (and her Mom...) how nice of her to help you, too!

I just realized you said "Halifax" as in Nova Scotia Canada. Wow!!! I wonder how it got around. lol. So cool though. Good for Rebecca and Blue.
 
O.M.G.
*jaw drops*

Did she even MOVE!? Holy crap she must not have even broken out into a sweat! I'm usually huffing and puffing away at the end of a course! I am in awe. :eek2:

Our trainer was telling us about this heavily pregnant woman who looked like she could pop any moment entering an agility trial. Needless to say, she couldn't have done it without excellent distance work!!
 
O.M.G.
*jaw drops*

Did she even MOVE!? Holy crap she must not have even broken out into a sweat! I'm usually huffing and puffing away at the end of a course! I am in awe. :eek2:

Our trainer was telling us about this heavily pregnant woman who looked like she could pop any moment entering an agility trial. Needless to say, she couldn't have done it without excellent distance work!!

:lol: I had to laugh at your post, it was just too hilarious.
BTW, there's this old man who "runs" at these same trials. I found out at the last trial, he's 78 years old. He wears knee braces, so doesn't run too much either. Amazing.

Like you, I'm huffing and puffing and dying. I need to get into shape. We need a weight loss folder. :wink2:
 
Back
Top