Dog Barriers

What kind of baby gate do you use? My walls contains an large 2-3 inch thick 8-10 inch tall baseboard. My baby gate won't stand up against it.
 
I bought the Summer (brand) Extra tall walk-thru gate. It has the pressure mounts but I actually used the permanent installation and screwed it into both sides of the doorway.
You might be able to adjust the bottom and top pressure screws to different widths that would accommodate the baseboard and the rest of the wall.
 
I thought I replied to this thread but guess not...lol...first sign of old age I guess!! :lol:

Its held up wonderfully for 4 years in my hallway and keeping the little rugrats contained both human and 4 legged!! :lol:

there are 2 recent threads on this- maybe you wrote in on the other one :lol:
 
there are 2 recent threads on this- maybe you wrote in on the other one :lol:

I had the same senior's moment! Till I realized that there was another recent thread on this too! Whew!

btw - I use the walk-through gate where you can adjust the top and bottom separately. It also comes with extensions for larger hallways.
 
there are 2 recent threads on this- maybe you wrote in on the other one :lol:

whew ok I thought it was deja vu at first..I could have sworn I did that...:lol: thanks for letting me know im not crazy!!!:biggrin2:yet....

Yes barb mine must be similiar to yours you step on it to open it and than walk though...I just recently (after 4 years) brought the extension so it actually fits correctly and I dont have to use 2 x4's in my hallway to make it reach....ahhh who ever said owning dogs your house looks like a magazine cover:lol: not!!
 
whew ok I thought it was deja vu at first..I could have sworn I did that...:lol: thanks for letting me know im not crazy!!!:biggrin2:yet....

Yes barb mine must be similiar to yours you step on it to open it and than walk though...I just recently (after 4 years) brought the extension so it actually fits correctly and I dont have to use 2 x4's in my hallway to make it reach....ahhh who ever said owning dogs your house looks like a magazine cover:lol: not!!

OMG! So true! My house would never make House Beautiful!

Let's do the inventory:

- Xpen with crate in front hall for Bacca - yes as soon as you walk in!
- Wire crate in Kitchen for Indy
- Family Room - basket of toys, usually half-empty and thrown around the room
- Kitchen table - supposed to be for human eating....instead has another basket of treats, bones, etc.
- Kitchen counter - usually has a couple of dog dishes and/or feed bags sitting on top
- Backyard - at least 4 balls strewn around the yard, waiting for a pup to bring back someday
- Bedroom - doggie beds, carpets with dog barf ground in, more toys thrown everywhere.....

If I ever decide to sell my house, I will have to ship pups and my 18 year old son (tomorrow is his birthday) off to a kennel someplace! :eek2:
 
We have several enclosure options at our house...a must with 5 dogs and two of them intact females. We have fenced the majority of the backyard, with the option of closing off the yard and allowing the dogs to go just onto the deck, into the "poop yard" (20'x 20' area paved with concrete pavers) and with the ability to close the poop yard off from the deck (making three separate outdoor enclosure options). Inside we have an xpen for the puppy and another xpen that we dismantled to make a door across the bedroom and extra "puppy corral" area to enclose the xpen and couch area. We can't use baby gates...Figaro jumps them like they aren't even there which is how we got puppy litter #2 in the winter instead of in the summer. We also have crates but we don't use them much now. Angus will not go in the xpen and preferred sleeping on the sheepskin mat as opposed to in the crate.
 
Back
Top