Dog died in grooming salon

How Awful!

You have to put your trust in the people you let deal with your dogs so when you hear things like this its really scary. There is a mobile groomers around here and I was thinking that when I get my sheltie I will check them out. I figure if they come to your home you can at least supervise.

But I anticipate doing most of the grooming myself. Poor little dogs, just a vile way to die.
 
Pure negligence !!

No dog should ever have to endure such a needless and senseless death. This just outrages me. We all love our furkids and don't want them to be treated this way. Another worry . I groom Kia myself because I have yet to find a groomer here that I have any trust in. When I had my Jewel, I use to have her groomed every 6-8 weeks. This particular groomer was awesome. She cared and loved dogs as much as we all do . She moved and now there are no Great groomers that I have found yet?? I would love to find one just for the pampering but now I really don't know.:(
 
This is one of the reasons I groom my boys myself. They may not look as nice as professionally groomed dogs, but I feel safer taking care of them myself. And practice makes perfect, so one day they may look less like an angry badger was chewing at their paws after a trim :biggrin2:
 
You have to put your trust in the people you let deal with your dogs so when you hear things like this its really scary. There is a mobile groomers around here and I was thinking that when I get my sheltie I will check them out. I figure if they come to your home you can at least supervise.

But I anticipate doing most of the grooming myself. Poor little dogs, just a vile way to die.
We are lucky that an ex coworker of Cindy's started a mobile grooming service several years ago. After a nightmare experience at the Petsmart groomers, we gave her a call. What a difference she made. Max loves her to death & plays with her before she grooms him. When she's done, Max comes bounding out of van & wants to play!:lol: She also cuts us a deal because we let her fill her water tank at our house. :wink2:
 
I have no idea how a dog can die in a drying cage. Unless it was a REALLY out dated dryer. Our drying cages produce no heat. not even heat from the motor. I bet there are some cage dryers that have a heat setting, but i personally have not seen them or used them. We cage dry all of our dogs, and the are right behind me where i can watch them! I hate these bad groomers who make the whole industry look bad!
 
We are lucky that an ex coworker of Cindy's started a mobile grooming service several years ago.

I think the mobile idea is such a good one - the one I saw is a franchise, so would need careful checking out.

I also notice a qualified vet nurse has set herself up as a mobile nurse who can come to homes and clip claws, express anal glands, etc. I though that was such a good idea as the vets can be such a stressful place for a dog. How much better to have them treated in the comfort and security of home!
 
I think the mobile idea is such a good one - the one I saw is a franchise, so would need careful checking out.

I also notice a qualified vet nurse has set herself up as a mobile nurse who can come to homes and clip claws, express anal glands, etc. I though that was such a good idea as the vets can be such a stressful place for a dog. How much better to have them treated in the comfort and security of home!
It really helps that the groomer(Susan) is a huge dog lover. She always plays with Max before they get down to business. I think this helps Max relax because he doesn't care much for baths & brushes.
 
There is another reason I would not take my two to the groomers. The tech at the vets asked me if I had my two at a groomer. I took it as a compliment and said no way.

Thursday Lil' Lady needs a poop chute job done on her. What great fun, I had to clean up tootsie rolls today.

Horrible way to loose your pal. I can't even imagine somebody using one of those cages.
 
Ahhhh... it just tells us time and time again - to hurry too much *in everything* ultimately can do a lot of harm.

It's good and humane for the salon to limit a number of dogs they do. They are not greedy and it WILL pay off. They are smart!
 
Back
Top