Dog leasing?!?!

Ok, maybe I am late to hearing about this… on the news this morning I was horrified to hear that this really happens! Dog Leasing? Really? Just when you think peoples greed can’t get any worse…

https://www.tampabay.com/business/t...-dog-turns-out-they-were-leasing-it-20181224/

This is as deceitful as puppy mills!
:gaah:gaah:gaah

If you think about it it is financing for the puppy mills who provide the dogs to the remaining pet stores that sell dogs from the puppy mills.

This is just a sad story.

Thankfully I can't remember the last time I saw a dog for sale at a pet store. There are a couple of local stores that work with rescues to feature cats. From what I understand they've had some success at placing cats that way. I don't know much about it but around here you do still see fish, lizards, and birds on occasion but I haven't seen cats or dogs for sale in years.
 
Locally, the pet stores here feature animals from rescues, dogs, cats, bunnies. They have adoption events at the stores and the rescues bring the animals for the day. This story is just pathetic on every level. While I am sympathetic to the lady who adopted, it truly was an "impulse buy". This practice should be outlawed, for sure! I am just shaking my head....
 
My sister bought her 2nd dog at a pet store in Grand Forks 14 years ago while on a shopping trip. Totally impulse buy. She’s a mix supposedly Llahsa and Bichon but really it’s any body’s guess. She was adorable and that’s what sucks you in I guess but clearly a puppy mill, so many allergies and health issues. I’m so glad pet stores here can’t do this anymore but it hasn’t stopped the puppy mills ESPECIALLY with all the doodle this and that breeders! What kills me is they’ll take a CKC purebred male and female from different breeds and try to fool the buyer that these are healthy puppies because look at the pedigree….duh and they buy it!
 
Back
Top