Faith is an agility whiz kid!

Sharon7

Moderator
Well this is the first post I've made in this category! We've always done agility with our club on a strictly for fun basis. Our first Sheltie Skye was great at it and really enjoyed it. Asta also loved it and barked her way around the course, often stopping to pose on the teeter for photo ops. :rolleyes2: Ally can take it or leave it, and often chooses what she'll do or not. Brooke has NO INTEREST and made that plain right away. :lol:

Faith is just so extremely athletic and coordinated that I thought she'd really like agility. Because of my work schedule I could only go to every other Saturday class the last couple of months. On the final day, she tore through the mini course (off leash!) better than every other dog there except one, and she'd been to 3 of the 6 classes. Phew. OK, she's a natural.

We had a few weeks off, then I took her to our club practice on last Friday night. I took Ally around first, she was in the mood and seemed to enjoy. Faith was watching everything intently.

I go on the course with Faith, thinking we'd only do a few jumps at 8 inches and the tunnels which she likes. Well she flew around like a pro, looking at me for what was next, then entered the chute by herself! A friend ran to hold the end open and she dashed through. We had not done the chute at all in class! Everyone at practice was astounded. The second time she went through the collapsed chute like it was nothing. Wow whee - I think I have a natural. I joked she must have been reincarnated from an agility champ somewhere. Good grief.

Now the pressure's on ME!!!! :lol:
 
We started Agility 1 on 4/26 and they bumped Echo up to Agility 2 last Sunday. I was shocked by how well she did. The dog gym where we're taking the classes has 4 levels of Agility and they graduate them when they can do all of the obstacles in that level consistently, so some dogs can be in a level for months and others will blast right through them. It looks like Echo might be a blast right through kind of dog. It sure is a lot of fun!
 
Sounds fantastic, can I have her?:lol:

I say the same about Sparrow, she saw the full size Dogwalk for the first time last week, she has only been on the miniature one once, she flew over it so fast all I could do was shout 'touch!' The brakes flew on and she stopped in a perfect touch and held it.

I do wonder if someone else is giving her secret lessons behind my back!:lol:
 
I have a problem with Echo going too fast and not paying a lot of attention to where her body is going. We're just beginners. Hopefully she'll get better at her body awareness. She fell off of the A-Frame once because she was just flying over the thing and not paying any attention at all to where the edge was or where her feet were. Scared me to pieces until I saw that she was okay. She gets so excited and turns into a total spazzy maniac.
I love it that you all post videos of your runs so I can see what it's supposed to look like.
 
Sharon,

What a joy Faith is going to be to work with in agility...it is so special when they take to something so naturally and obviously love it. :smile2:

Trini
 
Sharon,

What a joy Faith is going to be to work with in agility...it is so special when they take to something so naturally and obviously love it. :smile2:

Trini

Thanks Trini - I don't have the time to devote to fully developing her as a competition dog but we will continue to train as we can and go from there. I just have never seen a dog take to it so quickly and without fear or hesitation! It's really fun to watch her go. :smile2:
 
Back
Top