Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Finnie obedience update

Discussion in 'Sheltie Training' started by Piper's mom, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Amazing improvement with his bell this morning...he's picking it up off the floor and....now here's the kicker...HE'S ENJOYING IT and WANTS to pick it up!!!!

Yahoo!!!!! I think I've broken the barrier with him! Now the fun will start!

Sharon7, Sandy in CT and Calliesmom like this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    very awesome:yes:
    I don't understand why an instructor would insist on something like that. Most people (that I've seen) hold the leash in their left hand. holding it in the right hand kind of defeats the original purpose of your dog being on your left side- how are you going to shake hands with someone if you are holding the leash in your right hand?

great job on the dumbbell- still working on getting the right one for Cran.....

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Last night was the kicker...we were about to do a heeling pattern and I put the leash in my left hand and she STARED at me pointing at the leash! OMG...really????
    Also, Calliesmom my obedience trainer makes bells and ships to the US (and she's not overly pricy)...I can give you the link to her website if your interested.

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I do seem to remember that you said that about your trainer before....
    since Finnie is larger- what size do you have for him?

5. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Finnie's is a 2 1/4" long bar with 2" ends (I do think the ends are too small...told my trainer to make us a bigger bell). In contrast Piper's bell is 2 in long bar and 2 1/4" ends.