First Open JWW Trial tomorrow

I think it's much harder to watch than to participate -- and much harder if you're the mom! I'm sure your daughter and Vinca will be great. Best of luck to both of them and be sure to let us know how it goes with pictures please! And hi to Randi :smile2:
 
I think it's much harder to watch than to participate -- and much harder if you're the mom! I'm sure your daughter and Vinca will be great. Best of luck to both of them and be sure to let us know how it goes with pictures please! And hi to Randi :smile2:

Thanks Ann!

At least agility is fast and the only nail biting is at the weave polls for Vinca. The WORST waiting for me is in obedience with those darn long sits and downs. Talk about the longest minutes of your life :eek2:

Now I am hoping it doesn't rain :( We saw a girl fall and break her leg at the Freehold show, and my daughter doesn't want to run if it is raining.

Cross your fingers for a dry morning :yes:
 
Open JWW

I hope it does not rain for your daughter or Vinca either.She is smart to not want to run in the rain.That is awfull someone broke their leg.That is why I do not run my dogs in the rain for my safety and theirs.Not worth a Q.
 
Beautiful Day!

Can you believe we are back home already.

Vinca did not get a "Q" but she had a great run. She had one refusal for the weaves and then the second time through she did them great. Unfortunately, she knocked one bar. But, it was really a great run. The show was easy to get to, and we were in and out in no time.

Thanks for the support!

I am back online today to look for our next show.

My daughter is addicted :cool:
 
LOL, you've created a monster, Dani! Seriously, there's nothing more fun than sharing something like this with your daughter (and your dog!) Mine grew up riding horses in three-day eventing -- talk about nail-biting time for mom -- and I wish I'd found dogs earlier. So much cheaper and easier, I think! And way more fun with less stress. You really aren't as likely to break a leg competing dogs. Stay out of that rain!

Glad it was a good day for all and hooray for Vinca! Your daughter will get that Q before you know it. :yes:
 
Your daughter and Vinca were great! Vinca has really picked up some speed. She looked a lot faster than she did at her first novice trial.

I didn't know you were allowed refusals in AKC. That's something I just learned this weekend.
 
Open JWW

I didn't know you were allowed refusals in AKC. That's something I just learned this weekend.

Yes, in Novice you are allowed two refussals and either its a table fault or wrong course you are allowed.I can't remember.In Open you are allowed one mistake.Excellent A you are allowed a time fault and in B no faults and you have to have ascore of 100 to Q.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know you were allowed refusals in AKC. That's something I just learned this weekend.

Yes...I think that Vinca's one refusal of the weaves would have been OK for the Open JWW. It was the bar knocking down that didn't get her the "Q."

Vinca was tired on Saturday. She slept over our house Friday night (she lives at my moms) and then with the early trial time, she just wasn't herself. I am guessing that is why she missed the one bar.

Overall, we were really happy. Vinca did great, and she loves working so she will get there in no time!

Sounds like things went well and everyone had a good time. Q's are nice but every run is a learning experience Q or not.

So true!

Thanks for the support.
 
Yes, in Novice you are allowed two refussals and either its a table fault or wrong course you are allowed.I can't remember.In Open you are allowed one mistake.Excellent A you are allowed a time fault and in B no faults and you have to have ascore of 100 to Q.

In Novice, you're allowed a table fault.

~Signed, Phebe, The Table-Bouncer
 
Back
Top