Caro
Moderator
The Tully flyball star fall fell from grace on Sunday. Tully point blank refused to run and the whole team had to forfeit the competition. It was awful - and on our home grounds too. This shy little dog got her Champion title in her 1st 6mths of competing - and within a year of starting flyball and now she has a meltdown!
The team thought it was because the agility comp on Saturday made her tired/confused, other people said it was because I talk to her when she is running (but then I have always done that). It was an hour after her first run before she would chase a ball again, and then she did clean runs in the practice area in another field, but back at the comp she wouldnt budge.
I'm worried she got spooked on the first run and that did her for the rest of the day. I have some video of her first couple of runs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9iZfvj0BMo
Now what do I do? I'm inclined to rest her from flyball for a while as the next comp isnt until August and I dont think the team will want her (the comp is interstate).
Thankfully Deska ran really well.
The team thought it was because the agility comp on Saturday made her tired/confused, other people said it was because I talk to her when she is running (but then I have always done that). It was an hour after her first run before she would chase a ball again, and then she did clean runs in the practice area in another field, but back at the comp she wouldnt budge.
I'm worried she got spooked on the first run and that did her for the rest of the day. I have some video of her first couple of runs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9iZfvj0BMo
Now what do I do? I'm inclined to rest her from flyball for a while as the next comp isnt until August and I dont think the team will want her (the comp is interstate).
Thankfully Deska ran really well.