Flyball Nashville Aug 17-18

Lerwick was pretty nervous when we first got there (so many dogs! so much barking! people! food! activity! aaaaaahhhh!) but he got over it after a little while, and then he got really bouncy and playful. He is zonked out now. He even dozed in the car on the way home, too (usually he moves around as much as his harness seatbelt restraint will allow).

Yes, the family resemblance in both appearance and attitude is readily apparent in Lerwick and Spitfire :lol: (though Lerwick's coat never did darken up like Spitfire's did). We forgot to bring our camera, but Mike managed to get a decent cell phone pic of the two of them, which I've attached. Spitfire is in the front, Lerwick is in the back.

So great finally getting to meet Team S and their Sheep. :smile2: We had a great time and will be looking forward to Team S's next appearance in Nashville! Next time we'll be sure to bring our camera, so we can try to get some action shots of Sca!
 

Attachments

  • Spitfire_Lerwick_08192012.jpg
    Spitfire_Lerwick_08192012.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 18
good to hear about the family reunion:smile2:
nice pic of the brothers:yes:
bet it was a challenge getting both to sit.......

It was a challenge getting Lerwick to sit. He was still too nervous at that point. He'd sit, and then somebody would walk by, or a dog would bark, and he'd be up and trying to move away... :rolleyes2:

Once we took them outside, where it was considerably calmer, we were able to get him to sit long enough for Mike to snap a picture.
 
Lerwick did great in the chaos that is indoor flyball.

We are back home and spitfire is happy AND releasing his stored up energy :lol: the boy is on a bender. He likes the motorhome more for sure.

Oh and Denise I told them to hide but did you notice? Lerwick is a smerle! I knew Spitfire's mom was golden but never thought much of it but Lerwick is very blond though it is amazing how much spitfire and he share markings.
 
Lerwick did great in the chaos that is indoor flyball.

We are back home and spitfire is happy AND releasing his stored up energy :lol: the boy is on a bender. He likes the motorhome more for sure.

Oh and Denise I told them to hide but did you notice? Lerwick is a smerle! I knew Spitfire's mom was golden but never thought much of it but Lerwick is very blond though it is amazing how much spitfire and he share markings.

I already knew that Lerwick is a smerle- it's hard to see in that pic though....
 
So I battled with a headache all day so I kind of hurt Sca's times since my concentration was poor at best. But the beginner team did get below 24 seconds THREE times which earns 25 points instead of 5 :biggrin2: Sca got some fours and starts were varied though none as good as yesterday. I did have to back up 10 feet on starts though as he picked up that much start speed :cool: My headache was costing us about 1/10 per race easy.

Overall a good weekend. I was thrilled to see Sca down in the 4's, my knee held up to double box loading (we had a team member that box loads hurt her back so I had to take half or so of the load) Sca did great as a start dog and while he did some looking was mistake free. I think I have his first 4 on video though it is from behind so I am unsure of the quality.
 
Aww, we had some Advil in the car, if only we'd known, we could have brought it in. Ah, well.
I was eating Ibuprohpen all day on and off :sadsmile: Somedays is just lingers. It was not that bad for the most part it just messed with my concentration level (and thus Sca's times)

The crazy thing is he still ran some 4's and a lot of low fives despite me. If I had been as sharp as Saturday he might have done a 4.5 (I can wish :fl) At that pace he is in the BC packs range :pop

Oh and it was strange that had a lady painting the place as we raced. At the end they gave everyone a print out of the painting. I will take a picture later. Not my thing being an enginerd I think it doesn't look like it but then I lack any art or design talent :lol:
 
Congratulations to you and Sca, Rob !

Love the photo of Spitfire and Lerwick. No question that they're related.
How nice that you were able to get them together.
 
Back
Top