Fuzzy ears -- time for trim?

Tooffee is going to go to the dog groomers for the first time sometime soon...
Of course he has wild ears... and grinch paws...
Now.. please reassure me a groomer knows what they are doing, since I don't have a clue.. I just brush and bathe him...
 
I was just looking thru threads about ear triming,and came up on your picture. I was also wondering about this same issue,as Trapp has some funky hair along the sides of his ears.

So I'm guessing to leave it then from what everyone is saying.

What about the front of the ear,does the long hair that grows in front get trimmed,or is that left also.
Trapp just has all this hair that is so much longer,especially on the sides,the is growing outwards.So I was just wondering.

It depends on the ears.

If you have prick ears, you don't want to trim too much in the front. The extra hair will fill in the gap between the head of the ear tip.

If the ears break low (like Bacca's hound ears), you want to take off some of the fur in the front. (but not all) - it will create an illusion of same gap. With these ears, you also want to trim the tip pretty close and the fur in front of the break, but leave the fur at and behind the break longer.

In between ears, it depends on how high or low the break is.
 
Back
Top