gallery of shetland dogs

Oh, so interesting! Looks like I can see spaniel, pom and BC influence in some of the dogs pictured?
 
What a great link!

There is no question in looking at the various photos that our breed is still very young.

These pictures as less than 100 years old. The early photo's look like mini-border collies (interesting that they don't look so much like Rough Collies?) Yet as the years go by they evolved to more Rough Collie than Border Collie. (except in smaller size) That must have been introduced later perhaps?????

It seems that the other collie breeds are more or less imune so far from the trend to mini-me them. But our Shelties are vulnerable to be turned into toys eventually, I think.
 
I just love seeing these archive pictures of shelties too.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Sylvia & our 3 shelties at home and our two shelties at the bridge.
 
I have a feeling that at some point they brought in the Rough Collie in order to keep the "collie in miniature" actually looking like a collie in miniature. That is, before the Borzoi head was brought in to the Rough Collie, the two breeds actually resembled one another, except in size.
 
Back
Top