Greenies or NO greenies

I give mine greenies occassionally - Tully really likes them. In preference tho I give them Puppy Ziggies (by the Kong Company) they are good for both adults and pups so you could give them to Emmy now. They are about the same price as Greenies (here anyway).

I started giving mine rawhide at about 6mths. Lamb's ears are small and quite tasty according to Tully! Plus it takes a while to get through them.
 
HOW did you get your Indie to like having an electric tooth brush? I have thought about but know Maggie would croak!!!

Well, he wasn't terribly frightened when we first turned it on close to him. Perhaps it was because we had used noisy electric toothbrushes, too, and so the noise wasn't a surprise?
What I did was get him used to a regular toothbrush inside his mouth. I had tried big headed ones, ones that go on my finger like a puppet, and finally found ones that were small headed. They weren't enjoyable despite the yummy dog toothpaste.
Then I got him used to the electric toothbrush while turned off.
Then I turned it on and brushed his teeth for a few seconds and then a little longer each time. That's it. It's an older Braun oral B model, which is so much quieter than my newer sonic toothbrush.

I can tell you, after a brushing, Indie loves to lick the electric toothbrush (while running) to get the last bit of the toothpaste. It's really silly.:rolleyes2:
 
WOW i am surprised about what i have just read about greenies.... I was just on my way out to buy my pup some but I figured I would check the forum before I left.(i have a 5 dollar off coupon..12 oz bag) which is basically 50% off... but now after reading this ... I dont think I would let my pup have them if they were free..


Thank You Forum People!!

(better to be safe than sorry)
 
I don't buy them..Clancy is a chomper..I gave them once..free sample...and he pooped green for 3 days...:eek2:

I give raw hides (made in the US) and frozen chicken wings..and I brush their teefies.

woofs

Julie
 
WOW i am surprised about what i have just read about greenies.... I was just on my way out to buy my pup some but I figured I would check the forum before I left.(i have a 5 dollar off coupon..12 oz bag) which is basically 50% off... but now after reading this ... I dont think I would let my pup have them if they were free..


Thank You Forum People!!

(better to be safe than sorry)

Never did try them,nor I ever will.to many bad reviews,to many issues with dogs choking,or the product does not agree with them.

I know Trapp's brother Bentley got terribly sick on them this summer.
 
I dont have a lot of money so I thought this was my chance to give my pup a "good treat" (getting it at 1/2 price) ....... im glad i came here first!!!!
 
btw - Flossies gave Indy the runs. I still have 1/2 a flossie which I haven't decided whether to let them at it or not.

My boys seem to do well on basic rawhide bones. Somebody posted a thread a long time ago about hooves that seemed to be a winner. It might have been Sharon.
 
Back
Top