Greyson's First Grooming

I try to learn something new every time I do the gang. I learned how to get the vein in the toenails to shrink back last week -- cut on the bias, the bottom shorter than the top.

Yes, this is so! Whether you clip or grind, you want to do it on a diagnonal!
 
How do you get the bottom of the nail shorter with a dremal? I need that lesson.

Greyson looks very handsome after his grooming. I love that name.
 
I wish I had a way to show how to do with pictures. Unfortunately, when I'm grooming, I'm mostly by myself so noone to take pictures.

And to try to explain in words is equally difficult. If you have access to the Illustrated Guide to Sheltie Grooming, pages 94-98, it gives a pretty good pictorial view of what you are trying to do, but using clippers.

Its not alot different with the dremmel, except the dremmel makes it easier because is rounds off the hard and sharp edges, and you can do it in slow stages. The theory is still the same.

This is the best that I could find that shows how to combine clipping and dremelling - and how to angle the initial clips/dremel, and how to finish off. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH-tfjU1ruc
 
Back
Top