Hallejuha!

So glad you found someone that knows how to groom. We're lucky that one of the coordinators of sheltie rescue here is a pro groomer and she does a lot of the initial grooms when rescues come in. She is a "no restraint" groomer - bless her soul - and I know she uses the dryer that looks like a canister vaccuum cleaner. I have a standing model that I treasure.
My sister -in- law took her dog, a husky cross, to a groomer at Pet Smart for a cleanup for Christmas. He came back with a damaged tail. I guess he was restrained by his tail when he was struggling while they dried his breeches. They ended up having to take him into the emergency clinic poor thing and he had to be put on antibiotics and pain meds. Needless to say they are taking him to our Meaghan for his next groom.
This is my first foray into having a pro groomer do a dog for me since 1979. I wouldn't have thought that getting a decent trim on a sheltie would be an issue. You should see what I have seen in Westie grooming - horrors! Thank goodness that Meaghan is fairly close to me because if I get this little boy of ours into beautiful coat and then some "pro" wrecked it they would find out I have a temper reserved for dealing with idiots.
 
Back
Top