FIRST handler seminar
Ok. three days of agility bliss, two left!
Today I learned AGAIN that even tho I could swear I am keeping my arms down and that my dog knows his line... I am wrong on both accounts!? lol
Guess what, he doesn't really know when jumps aren't nice and straight on that he should still take them... and I have sad disco moves which highlighted why my dog doesn't know his lines as well as I thought he did... because I have been subconsciously teaching him to look for my signal, instead of teaching independence, lol... which is so very contrary to my goals!
On the good news front, he has an AWESOME start line sit stay, which he didn't break even once, it was SOLID

Even running to his mat and laying down on it with distractions went great. He was also tugging and driving for the toy at the end of his line. I can't wait to do more jump grids on Monday and the exercises which we learned today are great to learn how to build even MORE value for jumps and tunnels. Toffee is not as crazy about tunnels, he's still a lil unsure, but it is okay he took every single one I asked him to

By the end of our session today, I even got lateral distance out of him. The instructor told me to go out further, she recognized that I needed to trust him more with it than I did...
Toffee also wasn't in the least freaked out or insecure AT ALL in this new environment with loads of commotion... sounds and people/dogs he never met! Even the big ceiling fans and starting of the motors/heaters and wind and rain hailing down on the roof didn't fizz him in the least!!
I am so very proud of him, thinking back to a year ago, to our first class...