HELP. Tully's can't walk

Back from the specialist. Tully has a partial cruciate tear. Just to add to all her rear end injuries. Because of her age and being on steroids they don't want to do surgery, so we are trying a brace first.

Kismet is feeling better - pretty sure it was the cat vomit.:Vomit:

Now to have an afternoon nap.

Oh and I ordered the brace like the help em up. The specialist gave (sold) us a rear brace to take home but it's huge for such a little dog.
 
I hope things are turning the corner for you, Caro, and that the brace helps Tully and Kismet recovers quickly. And that you got a nap! I wish we could do more than send wishes, but you have those. Thanks for the updates...fingers crossed improvement continues!
 
I'm sure sorry you have so much to deal with, but hoping you can use the brace effectively enough for Tully to do the basics. The harness sounds like a good addition also. I know you've had (have) back issues yourself so it's a struggle to help Tully especially since she's so small. Poor Kismet can't catch a break either. I hope you can find time to at least nap and catch up on your own rest. :hugs
 
How are you and Tully doing?
Pretty exhausted. Tully so wants to get out and about but she just falls over. I think she's in a bit of pain but it's hard to tell. It makes me angry that it's now impossible to get codeine or any sort of prescription opiates for pain relief for dogs anymore (incl codeine). All they prescribe is NSAIDs or gabapentin, neither of which Tully can take. And most of the time Gaba doesn't work. so now there's all these animals in pain because of a few idiots and a govt that over regulates individuals rather than regulate industry, Sorry, there's my rant.

I got the lift harness but I'm not sure it works any better than her flyball harness and a padded lead around her back end. I'm going to order some padding - the harness is a bit scratchy so maybe if I pad it she can wear it longer. Got the brace the vet recommended arriving on Monday.

Taken Tully for a couple of stroller walks, she's loved it but my back doesn't. I don't know how I'll manage long term. Della is still pushing her over and cutting her off and it's driving me nuts. Kismet has her first big flyball comp coming up - 3 days, and she needs heaps of training as we just changed teams. But I am worried about leaving Tully home alone for 3 longs days.

It's very hard.
 
I can only imagine. taking care of only one senior can sometimes be overwhelming when things don't coperate! Adding other dogs into the mix sounds exhausting.
Della and Kismet will survive being on the backburner behind Tully and Mom for a while.
a 3 day trip sounds like too much, be kind to yourself
 
Back
Top