You may find that if you wait a bit, his name will come to you. I'm a believer that some Shelties know their own name. When we got Penny, our re-homed girl, she's been Pepper for 9 years. But she told our animal communicator, "My name is Penny," so we paid attention.
We've done 2 nights in a row sleeping until 4 am, a potty trip and then back to sleep for 2 1/2 - 3 hours. He is NOT a fan of his crate AT ALL and was not a fan of the open pen I ordered either, but does like our powder room, maybe the confinement. After the 4 am, he stays out and will lay on the mat the crate is on and go back to sleep. I am also giving him time outs throughout the day behind a gate in the powder room and he will settle himself and go to sleep.
We've taken 2 car rides - one with big brother and one without - and have met a few people every day.
Having known a LOT of dogs named Cody/Kody, I must say I really like the name Brodie! It's just a bit more unique. Sometimes you have to try a few things out to see what fits. We kept trying to change Elijah's name, (we got him at a year old) it seemed like such a mouthful, but really it does fit him altho sometimes we shorten it to Eli.
Yep, these dogs sure have their opinions on things concerning themselves, even at a very young age!
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.